Destiny 2 Pre-Loading Now On Steam, Even For Free Players
Get your pre-load on and get ready to migrate, Guardian.
Destiny 2's break with Activision also means a break with its Battle.net launcher, so the game is finally coming to Steam. The release will accompany the launch of the Shadowkeep expansion on October 1, but in the meantime you can get your dropship ready by pre-loading the game now on PC.
Bungie announced the pre-loading on Twitter and said to stay tuned for more info on exact launch info. The game's community manager added that you need to do a fresh install even if you already have the game on Battle.net, so you should make a new directory and don't copy over any of the files.
Destiny 2 will also be free-to-play with its New Light version, so you can download the game on Steam for free even if you're brand new to it. You can even pre-load the F2P version. If you already own additional content, that will migrate over too. Transferring to Steam requires a few extra steps, so read up on our tips for getting ready for Shadowkeep's release for more on what you should be doing over the next week to prepare.
Destiny 2 News And Guides
- Destiny 2 Season 15 Reputation Changes Detailed
- Where Is Xur Today? (July 16-20) - Destiny 2 Xur Location And Exotics Guide
- Trials of Osiris Rewards This Week In Destiny 2 (July 16-20)
- We Definitely Didn't Kill Quria In Destiny 2, Did We?
- Destiny 2 Solstice Of Heroes 2021: EAZ Tips, Armor Upgrades
- Destiny 2 Update Adjusts Shotguns, Hand Cannons, And Dead Man's Tale: Read The Patch Notes
- Destiny 2's Looming Villain Of Four Years Is Just Trying To Trick Us Into Being Her Friend
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.