Destiny 2 Patches Out Weapon Crafting Issues, Adds New Crucible Mode And Master Crota's End Raid
After a chaotic week, things are back to normal in Destiny.
In a new patch, Destiny 2 fixed up its immense, game-breaking bugs involving weapons crafting, paving the way for a new raid and multiplayer content.
Last weekend was a rough one for Destiny 2 developer Bungie, as players discovered (and took advantage of) some pretty substantial weapon crafting exploits. These errors let players add Exotic perks to crafted Legendary weapons resulting in high-powered absurdity. In response, Bungie released a hotfix that disabled all crafted weapons from being equipped at all. With the new update, "illegitimate" frames and perks on crafted weapons will be replaced and any attempt to craft "out-of-bounds" weapon will kick players back to the log in screen.
UPDATE: With the 184.108.40.206 update tomorrow, weapon crafting will largely go back to expected behaviors. Illegitimate frames and perks on crafted weapons will be replaced with legitimate ones and any attempt to craft new out-of-bounds weapons will kick the player to the login… https://t.co/4PuTJnYFoF— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) September 20, 2023
The Master Crota's End raid and the Checkmate Control modifier in Crucible Labs were delayed to accommodate weapon crafting fixes. Now that these fixes have been implemented, both the raid and the modifier will enter the game with this newest patch.
Further troubles may await Destiny 2 however. Bungie confirmed that over the past few days that there's been a spike in error codes and disconnects. These are not the result of fixes or the patch, but rather they are a consequence of DDoS attacks.
Bungie stated, "While we typically don't confirm these types of attacks and do not plan to in the future for general game security reasons, we believe it's the right thing to do for our players to communicate the added pressure to our systems given recent circumstances. We want to thank our players for their patience as our teams work swiftly to ensure the integrity of the game and continue to implement our roadmap for future stability improvements."
In other Destiny 2 news, the expansion The Final Shape is adding new Supers for every class and they were revealed in a recent deep dive.
The full patch notes are listed below and on the official Destiny 2 website.
Destiny 2 Update 220.127.116.11 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue allowing for exploitation of spawns in Rift.
- Fixed an issue where you can weaken other Guardians when the Rapid-Fire Ranger Artifact perk is active.
- Fixed an issue where Arc Attunement Runes could be destroyed with certain weapons.
- Improved Essence of the Oversoul drop rates for full clears and for repeated clears.
Altars of Summoning
- Fixed an issue where the Void crystal encounter would not progress if the crystals were destroyed too quickly during the third phase.
Gameplay and Investment
- Fixed an issue where players could activate their Glaive melee while in Weavewalk.
- Fixed an issue where changing a mod on an equipped item during an equipment-locked activity could boot you from the activity.
- Fixed an issue where the damage resistance from Elemental Embrace was applying to damage done in PvP.
- Fixed an issue where the jolt from Arc Elemental Orbs was applying to game objects.
- Fixed an issue where Secant Filaments were granting Overload anti-Champion to weapons that already have anti-Champion intrinsically.
Weapons & Accessories
- Fixed an issue where changing a mod on an equipped item during an equipment locked activity could boot you from the activity.
- Fixed an issue where Husk of the Pit and Eidolon Ally would be missing their weapon fire sound effects on console platforms.
- Added the Wendigo Grenade Launcher and Hung Jury Scout Rifle to legacy Vanguard Ops focusing
Power and Progression
- Fixed an issue where the Minor Arcana Empowered Rewards didn’t function as intended. Opening a Season of the Witch chest (while using a Witch’s Key) at the end of the Legendary Savathûn's Spire, will now properly give a Deepsight Seasonal weapon if there are any remaining to find, otherwise it will give a high-stat Seasonal piece of class appropriate armor.
- Fixed an issue with The Bulbul Tarang emblem, in which it didn't appear in-game and couldn't be equipped.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.