Destiny 2 Patch Notes: Outbreak Prime, Spectral Blades Nerfs And Lots Of Fixes
Stealthy assassinations just got tougher to pull off.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Destiny 2's latest patch, Update 2.2.2., adds a bunch of fixes and tweaks to the game, but those changes covered the stealthy launch of a new Exotic weapon in the game. A new version of the Destiny 1 favorite gun Outbreak Prime is now available in Destiny 2, and it comes with a secret quest you'll have to find to unlock it. Check out our full Outbreak Prime guide to find it.
Other than sneaking in Outbreak Perfected, the Destiny 2 version of Outbreak Prime, Bungie's latest patch for the game fixes one lingering issue from the springtime Revelry event. As Bungie noted on its blog, players weren't able to unlock a Triumph for generating orbs in competitive games during the Revelry, thanks to a broken mechanic. This update fixes that, awarding the Triumph retroactively and allowing players frustrated with their inability to unlock a special emblem for completing all the Revelry's Triumphs to finally snag it.
The update includes a bunch of other minor tweaks and fixes. The biggest is the change to the Spectral Blades Super available to Hunters. That Super relies on players using an ability to become invisible, sneaking around the battlefield to get in close and slice up enemies when they can't see them. Bungie's latest update decreases the amount of damage attacks do when you're not in stealth, and decrease how long the Super will last when you're attacking. That'll make Spectral Blades less effective, especially in the player-vs.-player Crucible, where some considered the Super especially dominant.
You can read the full patch notes and see all the changes and fixes from Bungie below:
- Spectral Blades
- Out-of-stealth damage reduction decreased from 60% to 52%
- In-stealth damage reduction decreased from 62% to 54.4%
- Super duration out of stealth with no attacking decreased from 17.5 to 14.5 seconds
- Super duration in stealth with no attacking decreased from 26.6 to 23.5 seconds
- Light melee cost increased by 50%
- Fixed an issue in which Combination Blow was unintentionally magnifying damage of the Arc Staff Super
- Fixed an issue where Warlocks were unable to Blink after going through a teleportation portal
- Fixed an issue where Chaos Reach would not deal damage to enemies affected by other status effects (such as Thorn's Soul Devourer or Hunter Tethers)
Weapons and Armor
- Fixed an issue where Actium War Rig would prevent Auto Rifles with the Grave Robber perk from being able to generate Masterwork orbs
- Fixed an issue where Vestian Dynasty could not be Masterworked
- The Wizened Rebuke can now drop with random rolls from Iron Banner engrams and Match Rewards once the associated Triumph has been completed
- Removing Sentry armor with Umbral Strike stacks active will no longer give a permanent damage buff against Taken (note that while the buff string does not clean up, the damage modifier properly clears when removing the armor; the string cleanup will be fixed in a later patch)
- Fixed an issue where Dreaming City lore was not being awarded when completing an Ascendant Challenge
- Fixed an issue where the "Collect Vex Samples" objective of the Xûr bounty "The Tower" could not be completed in the Warden of Nothing strike
- Fixed an issue with the Gambit Prime bounty "Sentries Hold the Line" where all boss enemies were unintentionally contributing toward bounty progress
- The bounty has been re-balanced to award significantly more bounty progress for Blocker and Primeval kills
- Lowered the Verdant Light: Competitive Triumph to require only 20 Revelry Orbs
- Players who earned 20 orbs during the Revelry event will have their Triumph completed retroactively
- If players completed all other Triumphs, the “Party Harder” Triumph will also be completed and grant the emblem reward
- Fixed an issue where Massacre and Locksmith medals were not appearing in Gambit Prime
- Fixed an issue where the Iron Ruby shader was not dropping
- This shader now drops when dismantling Iron Banner gear
- Fixed an issue where Legendary Eververse Ghost Shells were dropping with only Mercury perks
- Fixed an issue where the “Good Doggo” emote was dropping from unintended sources
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org