Destiny 2 Patch Notes Open Up Raid Rewards
The latest Destiny 2 patch adds a few fixes, while making Destiny 2's oldest raids much more rewarding.
The newest things to come to Destiny 2 are a new Exotic quest for Ruinous Effigy and the Moments of Triumph, the game's yearly opportunity for players to show off their biggest achievements in the game and earn some flashy rewards. This year's Moments comes with some major upcoming changes to the game, though--the removal of several destinations and their activities, which is set to happen with the Beyond Light expansion this fall. Since that includes a bunch of raid activities, the update makes them all much more rewarding.
Bungie detailed the changes in Update 2.9.1 on its blog, complete with full patch notes. It primarily sets the stage for Moments by altering how rewards get dished out in several raid activities. Usually, you can only run a raid one time per week on a given character and expect to get the best rewards. If you're hunting the Exotic grenade launcher Anarchy in the Scourge of the Past raid, for instance, you would only have one shot at it each week on your Titan. You can increase your chances to three a week if you run the raid on all three characters, but once you've got those three completions, you're stuck waiting for Destiny 2's weekly reset on Tuesdays to try again.
That changes with the latest patch. Now you can "farm" those activities for their rewards as much as you want--meaning you can keep beating the Scourge of the Past until you finally get Anarchy, or any other reward you're missing. The change applies to Scourge, which will leave Destiny 2 in the fall, and to all the raid activities that take place on the Leviathan location: the Leviathan raid itself, the Crown of Sorrows raid, and the two smaller raid lairs, Eater of Worlds and Spire of Stars.
Destiny 2 News And Guides
Check out the full patch notes, and the rest of Destiny 2's changes, below.
Contact Public Event
- Fixed an issue where players could collect and deposit 15 motes prior to unlocking the Umbral Mastery II gift on the Prismatic Recaster.
- Increased Glimmer rewards in Trials of Osiris.
- Fixed an issue where Nightmare Hunts could grant more Season of Arrivals rewards than intended.
- The following raids no longer have weekly reward limits from main encounters:
- Eater of Worlds
- Spire of Stars
- Crown of Sorrow
- Scourge of the Past
- Note: Secret Chests will continue to have weekly lockouts
- All armor from the above listed Featured Raids has been updated to use the Season of Arrivals infusion cap.
- Last Wish and Garden of Salvation raid weapons and armor have been updated to use the Season of Arrivals infusion cap.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Fixed an issue where the Heavy Hitters Triumph was not properly tracking which Contact event bosses had been defeated.
- Fixed an issue where the Season of the Worthy Rank Stat Tracker was not appearing properly.
- Fixed an issue where players had the Guardian Games quest in their inventory well after Titans completely dominated the event.
- Hunters are still pretty sad about it.
- Fixed an issue where there was inconsistent use of weapon and ammo types in High-Stakes Heist quest steps.
- Fixed an issue where Seraph weapons were not counting towards Sleeper Simulant catalyst quest progression.
- Fixed a rare crash with Anarchy.
- Fixed an issue with Umbral Enhancements III that was preventing Cold Denial and Falling Guillotine from getting an additional trait.
- Fixed an issue with Vortex Frame Swords where the Heavy attack wasn't ending properly over the network.
- Fixed an issue where various Season of Arrivals weapons are missing collections entries.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Season of the Worthy Seasonal Armor Mods from having a chance to be purchasable on Banshee-44.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from purchasing the Unflinching Machine Gun mod from Banshee-44.
- Added the ability for Season of Arrivals armor to use Charged with Light mods from Season of Dawn.
- Corrected some incorrect armor mod icons for several Season of Arrivals mods.
- Corrected incorrect perk descriptions for two Season of Arrivals mods--Reactive Pulse (formerly Font of Light) and Radiant Light--to correctly match their functionality.
- Added the Season of Arrivals mod socket to the pieces of the EDZ destination armor set that did not have them.
- The Unstoppable Pulse Rifles artifact mod will no longer cause non-Pulse Rifle damage to stagger Unstoppable Champions while aiming down sights of a Pulse Rifle.
- The Rival Warlock Ghost Shell from Guardian Games will now show Ghost Projections.
- Fixed an issue where the Unstoppable Pulse Rifle mod icon was displaying a Scout Rifle.
- Fixed a bug that affected aim assistance when shooting through Barricades using Citan's Ramparts.
- The header for the Flair section of Eververse now displays the correct text.
- Updated the description for "Toggle Sprint."
- Updated description of Exotic Engrams on Xûr, as players may now purchase more than one on a given a week using an Exotic Cypher.
- Fixed an issue where subtitles for Season of Arrivals Drifter dialogue could misgender players as "brother" even when using female character.
- Adjusted Strike weekly bounty pool for the Seasonal focus.
- Scorn, Cabal, Vex, and Fallen variations should no longer appear during Season of Arrivals.
- Fixed an issue where the first sleeper node "CB.NAV/RUN.()Dynamo.Approach.Arch" was not appearing for players attempting to complete the Nascent Dawn Exotic quest.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.