Destiny 2 Necromantic Strand Location - Where Is The Hall Of Wisdom?
If you're scouring the moon in Destiny 2 Shadowkeep for Loud Lullaby, you're going to want to use this guide.
As you make your way through Destiny 2's new Shadowkeep expansion, you'll eventually gain access to the Lectern of Enchantment. The item, which you'll find at the Sanctuary near Eris Morn, allows you to turn Nightmare Essences you collect across the moon into special weapons or pieces of armor by completing a corresponding quest. Once you obtain the Essence of Brutality quest, you can convert it into the Loud Lullaby hand cannon--but to do so, you'll need to find another item, called a Necromantic Strand. Here's where to go and how to complete the quest.
If you check your Quests log for info about the Essence of Brutality, you'll get a hint as to where you need to go to get the Necromantic Strand--it's located in the Hall of Wisdom, which is a location somewhere on the moon. Unfortunately, the spot isn't marked on your map, and you'll only know you've reached it when the area's name pops up on your screen. This one isn't too tough to locate, however, provided you know where to start. Use these step-by-step instructions to get where you need to go:
Where To Find The Necromantic Strand
- Spawn in at the Sanctuary landing zone, where you'll find Eris Morn
- Hop on your sparrow and head left toward Archer's Line
- When you enter the area, look up to the right. You'll spot a broken dome building. Head up toward that.
- When you reach the dome, head through it to the other side. Ahead you'll see a Hive building you can enter.
- Head down and into the structure, and keep descending. When you hit the bottom, the first room you'll enter is the Hall of Wisdom.
- Kill the enemies and move forward toward the small square outcropping of Hive architecture, just before you enter the next big room filled with enemies. The Necromantic Strand is on the ground right in front of it.
Where To Find Other Essence Weapon Components
- Destiny 2 Horned Wreath Location: Where To Go For Essence Of Vanity Quest
- Destiny 2 Captive Cord Location: Where To Go For Essence Of Failure Quest
You'll need to complete two more steps to cleanse the Essence of Brutality so it can be converted into a weapon. As with the similar quests, this primarily involves completing activities and using the same type of weapon you'll be rewarded with in the end--in this case, a hand cannon.
Essence of Brutality Quest Steps
- Activities Completed (Lost Sectors, patrols, public events on the moon)
- 50 Hand Cannon Kills
- Collect Necromantic Strand
With the Essence of Brutality fully cleansed, take it back to the Lectern near Eris Morn to unlock the weapon. Once you've done that, you can repurchase the Essence of Brutality again from the Lectern, should you want to try for a different roll on the gun. Just note that buying the Essence will cost you a Phantasmal Core, which can be hard to come by. You can get them from completing some of Eris's bounties, or by purchasing them at the Lectern. They'll run you either 20 Phantasmal Fragments, which you get for killing Nightmares, or 25 Helium Filaments, the planetary material you'll find on the moon. Luckily, you'll only need to locate the Necromantic Strand once--subsequent runs through this quest will only involve completing activities and racking up hand cannon kills.
Destiny 2 News And Guides
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com