Destiny 2 Is Getting New Trials Of Osiris Armor Next Season
Next season's Trials armor in Destiny 2 is looking pretty dang slick.
We're nearing the end of Destiny 2's current content season, the Season of the Hunt, which means a bunch of new changes are on the way. Bungie is adjusting how it'll dish out weekly rewards in the next season and returning some weapons and armor to the rotation to make past destinations and activities more enticing. And now we know that Destiny's toughest multiplayer challenge, the Trials of Osiris, will get new rewards with the next season as well.
Bungie showed off new Trials of Osiris armor on Twitter with a few slick-looking teaser shots. It's tough to get too good a look at it--there's a lot of shadow in each of the shots to add some mystery--but it looks like the armor will be very different (and perhaps a lot darker) than the current armor offered in Trials of Osiris. The Trials event carries an Egypt theme (it's all about the Destiny character Osiris, who's named after the Egyptian god of the underworld), so expect that to continue with this armor. Take a look at the shots below.
Trials of Osiris.— Destiny 2 (@DestinyTheGame) January 29, 2021
Season of the *REDACTED* Armor.
Coming soon. pic.twitter.com/ifhIEXZEmA
The Trials of Osiris offers some of Destiny's best rewards because it's also one of its top-level activities. Players face off in teams of three with the goal of not just winning matches, but going on winning streaks. The more matches you win, the more rewards you get, but your run is reset when you lose three times. If you can manage to notch seven wins without losing any, you earn what's called a "Flawless" Trials run, unlocking a special social space and earning some of the very best weapons and mods in the game.
Destiny 2 News And Guides
- Destiny 2 Season 15 Reputation Changes Detailed
- Where Is Xur Today? (July 16-20) - Destiny 2 Xur Location And Exotics Guide
- Trials of Osiris Rewards This Week In Destiny 2 (July 16-20)
- We Definitely Didn't Kill Quria In Destiny 2, Did We?
- Destiny 2 Solstice Of Heroes 2021: EAZ Tips, Armor Upgrades
- Destiny 2 Update Adjusts Shotguns, Hand Cannons, And Dead Man's Tale: Read The Patch Notes
- Destiny 2's Looming Villain Of Four Years Is Just Trying To Trick Us Into Being Her Friend
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.