Destiny 2 Iron Banner Event Is Now Live
Test your mettle and win some loot.
Destiny 2 is kicking off a few different special events today, the most limited of which is the return of the Iron Banner. The special event ends on October 23 and offers a bounty of prizes for completing its challenges in the Crucible. Best of all, those challenges have been made substantially easier this time around.
The easier bounties should mean you stand a better chance at completing multiple versions of them, and you can earn a piece of Powerful Gear for each one. Each bounty you complete also allows you to buy a corresponding piece of Iron Banner gear with "curated" perks. You can see these, along with all of the Iron Banner rewards, in our gallery.
On top of that, Masterwork Cores will be easier to come by, thanks to Double Valor from October 16-19, followed by Triple Valor from October 19-23. Bungie has previously said it wanted to make Masterwork Cores more available, and soon it will be changing the name to better reflect their current function in the game.
The newly revised Iron Banner bounties are:
- Lightbearer: Super kills has been reduced to 20 from 25
- Iron in the Blood: Match completions has been reduced to 15 from 30
- Shine On: Orbs generated has been reduced to 50 from 100
- Iron Victory: Match wins has been reduced to 7 from 10
- To Be Precise: Precision kills has been reduced to 50 from 100
- All in a Week's Work: Kills has been reduced to 150 from 250
- In the Zone: Capture 50 zones in Iron Banner (unchanged)
The Iron Banner isn't the only event starting this week. The annual Halloween-themed event Festival of the Lost kicks off today as well. It includes a story-based murder mystery quest, a spooky Haunted Forest horde mode with a 15-minute timer, Ephemeral Engrams with new cosmetic rewards, a Legendary auto rifle called the Horror Story, and lots of creepy decorations adorning the Tower. It all comes alongside the 2.0.4 update, which has some balance changes and bug fixes of its own.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com