Desert Golfing, One Of The Best Games On Mobile, Asks If There's Golf On Mars With A Sequel
But this game's not a saddening bore / And you can play it ten times or more / You add spin on the ball, it's cool / And it's coming to Steam soon too
Is there golf on Mars? There is now. Desert Golfing, one of the best mobile games of the last decade, has just received a sequel, and it's called Golf On Mars. The game is available now, and costs $3 on iOS and Android. It's also coming to Steam on June 29, if you'd rather play with a mouse.
Developer Captain Games returns for the sequel, which once again serves up literally millions of holes, all pseudo-randomly generated as you play.
You play with simple swipe aim controls, and the goal is, essentially, to go as far as you can with as few strokes as possible. Most players will aim to get their average down, but there's no end goal--you can theoretically keep playing forever. The game is set in the year 2866 when Mars has been 35% terraformed, but don't expect much of a narrative.
While the previous game was set in an endless desert, this one is set on Mars, complete with pockets of water. According to the game's Steam page, there are approximately 25,770,000,000 holes to enjoy this time. You can also add spin this time for trickier shots.
Amazingly, Golf on Mars weighs in at just 1.5MB on iPhone. You can purchase and install it now, but don't expect to ever finish it.
GameSpot has officially kicked off Play For All--a celebration of all things gaming. Join us as we bring you the summer's hottest news, previews, interviews, features, and videos, as well as raise money for COVID-19 relief efforts and Black Lives Matter with the help of our friends from around the gaming world. Check out the Play For All schedule for more.
Play For All
- Xbox Series X Launch Game 'The Medium' Available For Pre-Order
- Hearthstone's Scholomance Academy Expansion Is Out Today [Update]
- With CrossfireX, Remedy Is Uncovering A Multiplayer Shooter's Story
- Marvel's Avengers Beta: Start Dates, Contents, PS4 Early Access, And More
- The Outer Worlds DLC Investigates "Peril On Gorgon" In September
- Godfall Looks To Create Its Own Genre With Better Loot And Skillful Combat
- Halo Infinite Visuals Will Get "Better And Better" Leading Up To Launch, Says Microsoft
- STALKER 2 Announced For Xbox Series X With New A Trailer
- Halo Infinite Multiplayer Makes Grappling Hook A Pickup, 4-Player Split-Screen Confirmed
- New Fable Announced During Xbox Event
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.