Def Jam: Icon Xbox Live Achievements Spotlight
Where's our ten points for beating down Ludcaris? We've got the full list of Xbox Live Achievements in Def Jam: Icon inside.
There's no denying that the upcoming hip-hop brawler from EA Chicago, Def Jam: Icon, looks practically unlike anything else out there. Where else can you take control of rap stars like Big Boi, Ludacris, and The Game and duke it out in amazing stylized environments that pump and shake with every beat emitting from the game's cutting-edge soundtrack (or one of your own choosing)? Truly, this one's got style to spare. The game (which we recently previewed) is due for release in just a few weeks for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, but up until now, we didn't know about one of the key components of the Xbox 360 version of the game: the Xbox Live achievements. We recently got the full list from the folks at EA Chicago, which we've reprinted below. The 34 achievements in the game include a mix of special move requirements, online wins, and several built around the single-player "build a label" mode. Check them out:
- The Big Burn (15 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: Torch your opponent in the flaming gas pump
- Workin' at the Car Wash (10 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: Clean up your opponent with the car wash brush
- Too Loud, Too Old (10 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: Defeat your opponent by using the speaker blast at the club
- Hit the Lights (15 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: Use the light wall at the club until it's lights out
- It's the Amps (10 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: Blow your opponent away with the electrified car at the block
- Joy Riding (15 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: End the fight with the lowriding impact at the block
- Feel the Power (10 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: End a fight at the TV studio with an electrifying experience for your opponent
- Heads Up (15 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: Knock your opponent out with the swinging light rig
- Window of Opportunity (15 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: Throw your opponent out of the window at the penthouse
- Marshmallows (10 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: Use the fireplace in the penthouse to finish off your opponent
- Going Down (15 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: Throw your opponent into the elevator shaft in Troy's office
- Killer Sound System (10 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: Bring your opponent's health to zero with volume at 11 at the Office
- Smacked Down (15 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: Use the helicopter tail whip as your finishing move
- Caution: Wet Floor (10 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: Shock your opponent to victory at the rooftop
- Look But Don't Touch (25 pts) - Solo hard or ranked: Let one of the dancers defeat your opponent
- My Mixtape (25 pts) - Play your Def Jam: Icon saved playlist in "my soundtrack"
- Reversals Only (50 pts) - Win a solo "beatings with bass" match using only reversals on hard
- Directional Attacks Only (50) - Win a solo "beatings with bass" match using only directional attacks on hard
- Bling (5 pts) - Have a record go gold in "build a label"
- Bling Bling (10 pts) - Have a record go platinum in "build a label"
- KaChing Bling (15 pts) - Have a record go multiplatinum in "build a label"
- BMF (100 pts) - Complete "build a label" mode on hardest difficulty level
- Producing Mogul (10 pts) - Release six songs in "build a label"
- Top of the Charts (10 pts) - Have an album reach number one on the charts
- Fashion Icon (25 pts) - Reach the maximum amount of style in "build a label"
- Ladies Man (35 pts) - Have four satisfied girlfriends simultaneously in "build a label" mode
- Represent Yourself (5 pts) - Change your signature
- Getting Hot (15 pts) - Ranked: Win five online fights in a row
- Critical Beat Down (50 pts) - Ranked: Win 15 online fights in a row
- Get Your Mode On (20 pts) - Ranked: Achieve 50 online wins
- Rollin (50 pts) - Ranked: Achieve 100 online wins
- Ornery Bastard (100 pts) - Ranked: Achieve 200 online wins
- Domination (25 pts) - Ranked: Have your taunt tag appear on your dominated opponent's screen
- Straight Clownin' (50 pts) - Win a ranked match with 50 total taunts
Expect to see more on Def Jam: Icon in the near future, as well as a full review once the game ships to store shelves in early March.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com