Dead Or Alive 6 Updated To Ver. 1.21a, And The Next Update Will Be Its Last
A patch or Dead or Alive 6 is available now, and as it turns out it's the second-to-last update the game will receive on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Dead or Alive 6 has received an update, bringint it to version 1.21a, and as it turns out this is the penultimate patch the game will receive. One final update will introduce more DLC in mid-April, the game's official Twitter account has revealed.
The new update, 1.21a, has been detailed on the game's site. Here's what it contains:
- The hair color change system underwent a large-scale revision: hair color change can be now unlocked on permanent basis for any hairstyle that features it, and includes all available colors (e.g., if you purchase Hair Color Change for Marie Rose's "Long" hairstyle, you will unlock all 16 hair colors for this hairstyle.)
- All Premium Tickets that were used to purchase hair colors prior to this update have been refunded (e.g., if you have used 5 Tickets to purchase hair colors on v1.20 and v1.21, you will receive 5 Premium Tickets when you apply the v1.21a update.)
- As a result of the large-scale revision of the hair color change system, all hair color settings have been reset to default.
- The number of Premium Tickets that can be purchased has been limited to the maximum number of items that can be exchanged for Premium Tickets.
- Added the information display that shows the number of remaining available costumes and hair colors that can be exchanged for Premium Tickets.
- Added the information display that shows the maximum number of Premium Tickets required to unlock all available costumes and hair colors.
The game's final update will focus on adding DLC, and will also contain some bug fixes. The details are listed in the tweet embedded below.
For all our fighters #DOA6 #DEADORALIVE6 pic.twitter.com/QZglaqNXit— Official DEAD OR ALIVE Fighting Game (@DOATEC_OFFICIAL) March 31, 2020
Dead or Alive 6 released a free-to-play version in December, called Core Fighters. The game has been criticized more recently for its approach to cosmetic DLC, as the game charges money to change character's hair--even if you've purchased that hair color previously.
Dead or Alive 6 received a 7/10 in GameSpot's review, and reviewer Heidi Kemps found a lot to like about it: "Despite some missteps, DoA6 is a fun, engaging fighter with great-feeling, easy-to-pick-up combat, a strong sense of visual style, and a lot of personality."
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation