DC FanDome Trailer Teases "Ultimate 24-Hour Experience"
The one-day online convention will feature movies such as The Batman, The Suicide Squad, and the Justice League SnyderCut.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected all major pop culture conventions and events this year, with Comic-Con moved online last month and Star Wars Celebration cancelled entirely. Many of the major studios were absent from Comic-Con, but DC will be presenting its own virtual event later this month, titled DC FanDome. The studio has now released a trailer for the event.
DC FanDome will be available for 24 hours on Saturday, August 22. The event is set to include a host of footage, news, and discussions about some of DC's big upcoming movies, and the trailer suggests it's going to be an impressive event. Check it out below:
DC FanDome will take place at DCFanDome.com, and kicks off at at 10 AM PT on August 22. Fans will be able to hear from the cast and crew of highly anticipated movies such as The Batman, Zack Synder's cut of Justice League, and James Gunn's The Suicide Squad. Other titles that will feature include Batwoman, Black Adam, Wonder Woman 1984, Super Hero Girls, Stargirl, Doom Patrol, Supergirl, and Superman & Lois.
The event will have a central hub titled the Hall of Heroes, where fans can enjoy "special programming," including movies, shows, and games. There are then five different zones that can be explored:
- DC WatchVerse: panels, exclusive screenings, new footage, appearances from cast and crew of DC productions
- DC YouVerse: focuses on fans, including cosplay and fanart
- DC KidsVerse: a kid-focused area with family-friendly activities
- DC InsiderVerse: a "creativity-based world" featuring DC publisher Jim Lee, DC movie boss Walter Hamada, and Arrowverse creator Greg Berlanti.
- DC FunVerse: digital giveaways, Wonder Woman and Batmobile kits, and "cool shareables."
Content at DC FanDome will be available in 10 languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazil Portuguese, Korean, Japanese and Chinese. Additionally, content programmed from specific countries will be in their native languages.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com