Dauntless Update 1.22 Brings Bug Fixes And Free Rogue Elements Hunt Pass
Dauntless players can access a new free hunt pass with the latest patch
The developers of Dauntless have launched the 1.22 update across PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The patch includes the new Hunt Pass, some balance changes, quality of life updates, and bug fixes.
The new Rogue Elements Hunt Pass adds a new contract quest each week for five weeks, offering both Hunt Pass XP and Seismic Intel as rewards. The pass is free on the Dauntless store to download. Speak to Admiral Zai in Ramsgate to start the first Seismic contract quest.
Skarn’s armor has been rebalanced, with the armor set being adjusted to interact with different damage types to give the set more consistent gameplay. The cutting and piercing damage dealt with the armor has been increased from 25% part/33% core to 75% each. The blunt damage to the armor has been balanced out to 100% instead of 125% per part and 50% from the core. The armor part health has also been increased from 1.5% to 3% of max health. Breaking armored parts will no longer stagger Skarn.
Skarn’s stone spire attack is now a ring of spires that will track the player. While the attack is more telegraphed, it is also more dangerous. The Whirling Fortress attack has been nerfed to allow some counter-play, making dodging, running, and interrupting more viable.
The Lesser Gnash has been given some new attacks and mild alterations. The Flight of Ruin axe special can now generate lantern charge and life steal, as well as triggering certain on-next-hit effects. The Daily Bonus Cores are now more likely to contain an emote and can even contain Ace Chips of Vault Coins. The Nayzaga Sword and Chain Blades now heal for a flat amount of health on a part breaking, rather than the previous life-steal on broken parts.
- Quality of life changes have also been added to the patch, with various small changes being implemented to better the game for all players:
- Keyboard users can now hold ‘R’ to craft multiple consumables at once.
- The default keybinding for the Hunt screen is now ‘H,’ and matchmaking status is now ‘M.’
- The default action for the emote wheel now flares when on a hunt.
- Helms will now automatically hide when previewing face paints or hair tints on the Hunt Pass screen.
- Fixed a sigil alignment problem with the Arc of Exocrul banner. Your sigil should now appear correctly no matter which side you’re viewing the banner from.
- Icons for Escalation amps have been updated.
- Improved the way that non-English language text displays to avoid overlap with UI elements.
- It is no longer possible to buy an escalation buff if you already have one.
- Players can now select a “Random” option for Hunt Arrivals, which will choose a random Hunt Arrival from those owned.
- Timers for boosts now show the days AND hours remaining when the time remaining is greater than a day.
A number of general bugs have been fixed:
- Fixed a bug that was locking Slayers out of the Amateur Alchemist quest.
- Fixed a bug where the motion blur settings could reset when entering Ramsgate or starting a hunt. Motion blur setting changes will only be applied on the next transition (entering a hunt, or returning to Ramsgate). This behavior will be addressed in a future patch.
- Fixed a bug where players could appear to walk improperly when entering Ramsgate.
- Fixed a bug where the frame rate could be locked at 30 FPS after a cinematic finished playing.
- Improvements to certain areas in islands to prevent floating trees, and to remove a hole in a particular cliff.
- Fixed a bug that caused particle effects from Shrike weapon unique effects to linger for too long.
- Fixed a bug where player nameplates were sometimes visible through the End of Hunt screen.
The following combat bugs have been fixed:
- Fireballs that collide with terrain now explode immediately instead of after a delay.
- Fixed a bug that caused Shrike weapons to deal less bonus damage and the bonus part damage than intended.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Malkarion legendary ability to teleport you to a random location.
- Using the Koshai lantern's ability to dash through damaging obstacles will no longer cause you to take damage.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent Stormclaw weapon unique effects from activating when dodging through attacks.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Torgadoro to become stuck on its perch.
- Fixed a bug where successfully parrying during the initial activation of Avenging Overdrive (sword special) would allow it to be instantly reactivated.
- Fixed a spot in Blaze Escalation where players could not be hit.
The following UI bugs have been fixed:
- Fixed a visual glitch that could occur when switching between item previews in the Hunt Pass.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a single ram to appear as the reward in the Daily Bonus Core.
- Fixed a bug that could cause loading screen text to be obscured by a button when using certain display resolutions in non-English languages.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a failure when attempting to open multiple cores.
- Fixed a bug where the Torgadoro repeater barrel was missing from the repeater crafting menu.
- Disabling subtitles no longer disables tutorial prompts (e.g. “Press [Space Bar] to dodge”).
- Twin Suns (exotic repeaters) move list no longer shows incorrect secondary/special moves.
- Fixed a bug where the daily Hunt Pass collectibles HUD notification would show an incorrect number.
- Fixed a bug that could cause mastery level popups to display twice.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the mouse from responding while the Message Of The Day was visible if the game was minimized during startup.
- Fixed a bug in the airship that could cause the Behemoth image, elemental breakdown, and recommended gear rating to be missing or incorrect.
- Improved party system UI.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the escalation buff to appear on the airship when not in an escalation hunt.
The following cosmetics bugs have been fixed:
- Fixed a bug that prevented dyes from correctly applying to armor.
- Slayers with facial hair will no longer see their beards clip through the Skyfighter Mask.
- Fixed a bug that could cause certain armor pieces to disappear in the presence of VFX.
- Fixed a bug that caused jingling sounds to persist after unequipping the Silver Nikola armor skin or Frostfall Bells helm skin.
- Chest armor now hides correctly.
- Improved the way that armor pieces interact on the player model.
The size of the download is 412MB, so make sure you have enough room to download the patch. Dauntless is available on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.