Dark Souls 3 Publisher Issues Warning About Playing Before Official Release
The International version does not include the day-one patch.
If you've bought and downloaded the international version of Dark Souls III, publisher Bandai Namco wants you to know that version is not yet "complete." You can buy the Japanese version of the third Dark Souls and play it in English on Xbox One, but you'll have to do it without the day-one patch.
Bandai Namco released a press release, warning players that they'd be playing an unfinished version of the game if they went this route. The international version is currently without its multiplayer features and the publisher says the day-one patch will deliver "further optimization."
In other Dark Souls III-related news, a recent technical analysis reported that the Xbox One version runs at 900p, though it "still looks impressive."
You can check out some Dark Souls III gameplay at the links below:
- Dark Souls III - Beautiful 1440p 60fps Gameplay
- Dark Souls III Co-Op Gameplay against Curse-Rotted Greatwood Boss
- Dark Souls III - Devastating Abyss Watchers - Gameplay
- Dark Souls III - Haunting Crystal Sage Boss Battle - Gameplay
- Dark Souls III - Deacons of the Deep Boss Battle - Gameplay
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.