Dark Souls 2 weapon pack makes getting started easier (brave players can opt-out)
The Dark Souls 2 Black Armor Weapons Pack will dish out an arsenal to those who buy the Black Armor or Collector's Edition.
Bandai Namco and From Software will dish out a bevy of weapons and shields to those who purchase the Black Armor or Collector's Edition of Dark Souls II.
These items will be available to find in the game for all Dark Souls II owners, thankfully, but those who have the Black Armor and Collector's Edition of the game--and redeem the code that comes with it--will be handed the weapons at the very start.
But how might this arsenal affect the starting areas of Dark Souls II? Both the original Dark Souls and its spiritual predecessor Demon's Souls threw players unprepared and mostly unarmed into a hostile environment, and then had them figure out the lay of the land and slowly acquire a set of powerful weapons and items from there. Purists don't have to redeem the code, of course.
Here's what comes with Dark Souls II's Black Armor Weapons Pack:
- Black Flamestone Dagger and Black Flamestone Parma: A dagger and shield encrusted in Black Flamestone both found in the Gutter at Black Gulch. Even though they are heavier than a normal dagger and shield, the Flamestone crystal’s unique properties make the dagger extremely sharp and give the shield high resistance to damage.
- Yellow Quartz Longsword and Yellow Quartz Shield: A straight sword and small shield hardened with yellow quartz both uncovered at the bottom of the Iron Keep. Even though these items can break easily due to their high level of corrosion, they are exceptionally light and their power to inflict damage has not declined.
- Bound Hand Axe and Bound Wooden Shield: A brutal hand axe and shield found in the Undead Purgatory. Both items are wrapped in chains and thorns to cause additional bleeding on enemies. Both the axe and shield have diminished in overall slashing power but their ability to deliver pain has been deliberately increased.
- Homunculus Mace and Homunculus Wooden Shield: A mace and shield with spherical protrusions found in Aldia’s Keep. Although heavier-than-normal maces and shields, the hard protrusions greatly increase the striking power of the mace as well as the shield’s defensive capabilities.
- Transgressor’s Staff and Transgressor’s Leather Shield: A staff and leather shield entwined with an unknown and seemingly lacklustre element; these items are found in the Dark Chasm of Old. They have become a catalyst for sorcery and hex and cause an effect known as Darkness.
Dark Souls II will be released for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on March 11. A PC version will follow.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Video Review Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - How To Get The Double-Bladed Lightsaber Early Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order 12 Starter Tips You Need To Know Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - How To Get A Scomp Link Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Early Chapters Gameplay Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Various Enemies and Bosses Pokemon Sword And Shield Exclusives And Differences Explained AHS: 1984 Season Finale - Episode 9 "Final Girl" Breakdown Death Stranding's Online Mode Is Perfect If You Don't Like Multiplayer Fortnite: Search The Hidden Letter I In Loading Screen Week 6 Death Stranding - Chapter 3 Walkthrough (No Commentary) Layton's Mystery Journey on Switch | GameSpot Live
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org