Danganronpa Games Are Leaving PlayStation 4 And Vita Stores, But Hopefully Not For Long
NIS America is no longer handling the Danganronpa series, and because of this several games are disappearing from the PlayStation Store.
The Danganronpa games, which are intense and well-liked visual novel titles that all debuted on PlayStation systems, will soon be removed from the PlayStation Store. Publisher NIS America has announced that the entire series will be removed from the PlayStation Vita store, and one game is leaving PS4, too.
The games will be leaving gradually, and it's unclear if or when they will come back. Spike Chunsoft is now the series' publisher, and they could theoretically re-release the games after they are removed--but whether it is worth doing is unclear. We've reached out to Spike Chunsoft for clarification, and will update if we receive any.
The games are about groups of super-talented school students who are trapped in an elaborate "killing game"--whereby the only way to escape is to kill another student and then not be accused during a class trial. They're extremely intricately plotted, wild games.
Here are the games being removed, and the dates they'll no longer be available to purchase from.
- Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PS Vita): August 31
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PS Vita): September 4
- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PS Vita): September 4
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PS Vita): September 25
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PS4): September 25
The PS4 versions of the first two games and Ultra Despair Girls, which were published by Spike Chunsoft, will remain available.
The trilogy, minus the more action-oriented Ultra Despair Girls, is also coming to mobile. The first game is available now.
GameSpot's Danganronpa series reviews
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (8/10)
- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (8/10)
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (7/10)
- Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (7/10)
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation