Cyberpunk 2077 1.21 Patch Notes Include Lots Of Bug Fixes, UI Changes, And More
CD Projekt Red's mission to improve Cyberpunk 2077 continues with the latest big patch.
CD Projekt Red is on a mission to update and improve Cyberpunk 2077, and that continues with the release of update 1.21 for the role-playing game. The patch is now live on PC, console, and Stadia, and it fixes more bugs and improves overall game stability.
In terms of bug fixes, this update clears out a number of issues that could prevent players from advancing, including an issue where the screen could become black. The update also fixes an issue that caused a Maelstromer to spawn in an area that players could not reach. What's more, 1.21 fixes issues relating to clipping.
There are also some gameplay bug fixes, like one for an issue that could stop players from being able to climb ladders out of water. The update fixes "various issues" with NPC clothes, too, while the UI sees a change to make the scanning UI appear less cluttered.
Patch 1.21 also includes memory management improvements to help reduce the number of crashes. You can see the full notes below, as shared on the Cyberpunk 2077 website.
CD Projekt Red's Adam Kicinski recently said that abandoning Cyberpunk 2077 and moving on to the studio's next game is not an option. As such, CD Projekt Red will continue to update and improve the game with these types of patches with the hope that the game will continue to sell well for years to come.
Patch Notes For Cyberpunk 2077 1.21
Quests & Open World
- Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer... where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear's body temperature.
- Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the "Send a crew" shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective.
- Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.
- Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC.
- Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan.
- Fixed an issue in Play it Safe where upon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black, blocking further progression.
- Fixed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail.
- Fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion/Sacrum Profanum.
- Fixed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown.
- Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it.
- Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before.
- Fixed Johnny's appearance in various quests.
- Dennis' car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan.
- Players can now enter Dennis' car from the right side in Big in Japan.
- Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan.
- Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.
- Fixed an issue where player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura's van in Down on the Street.
- Player can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street.
- Fixed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura's hideout in Search and Destroy.
- Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into player's car if it was parked in his way.
- Fixed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the "Wait for a call from distressed man" objective after player failed the quest.
- Fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder's ripperdoc shop would not open, preventing the player from completing The Gig.
- Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.
- Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul.
- Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area.
- Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player's back.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.
- Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.
- Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.
- Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
- Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.
Stability and performance
- Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes).
- Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.
- Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes.