Criterion shoots down NFS: Underground reboot rumors
Creative director Alex Ward calls leaked logo "totally fake," says studio not planning to make any more sequels or remakes.
Yesterday, a source provided EGMNow with information and a logo for a Need for Speed: Underground reboot reportedly in development at Criterion Games. This report is false, the developer has asserted.
He followed that tweet up with another that suggests Criterion is working on something altogether new.
"May as well add this. Sequels. Reboots. Remakes. Been there. Done that," he said.
Ward never references the original story in his tweets, so it is possible that his comments are unrelated. However, given the timing, this seems unlikely.
The studio currently does not have any announced projects, though Criterion's Craig Sullivan last year promised the developer would one day make another Burnout game.
Top New Video Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- May 24-30, 2020 The Last Of Us Part 2 Exploration & Combat: Everything You Need To Know In Under 4 Minutes The Last Of Us Part 2 - Inside The Details Free PS4 PlayStation Plus Games For June 2020 Revealed Solar Opposites Is Exactly What Rick And Morty Fans Want The Last Of Us + Left Behind Story Recap Minecraft Dungeons Video Review 6 Mind-Blowing Recreations In Animal Crossing New Horizons Xbox Series X Will Improve Your Old Games! | Save State Justice League Snyder Cut Details, What To Watch On HBO Max At Launch Outriders Trickster, Pyromancer and Devastator Gameplay Outriders New Gameplay Livestream
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com