Everything We Know About Deadly Class.
Deadly Class started as a graphic novel about a rebellious but morally confused teenager who finds himself recruited into a school for young criminals. Now the novel is getting adapted into a TV show which shares that premise, and because Comic-Con is coming up, we're here to tell you everything we know about it so far.
What It's About
Deadly Class, based on the graphic novel, will follow a teenager named Marcus Lopez who gets enrolled into King's Dominion School for the Deadly Arts, a school where crime families send their children to learn the family business. Other than that, few plot details have been released, but it should involve a lot of rebellious teens getting into trouble.
- The Russo brothers, (Avengers: Infinity War), are executive producing the show.
- Miles Orion Feldsott and Rick Remender created the show.
- Benjamin Wadsworth stars as Marcus Lopez, the tough, cigarette-smoking teenager.
- Benedict Wong (Avengers: Infinity War) plays Master Lin who runs the school.
- Lana Condor (X-Men: Apocalypse) plays Saya Kuroki.
- Maria Gabriella de Faria (Yo Soy Franky)plays Maria Salazar.
- Luke Tennie (Shock and Awe) plays Willie Lewis.
What's Been Released So Far
So far, a teaser has been released that spliced together some footage from the show with the creators discussing the ideas behind it. The trailer shows Marcus as he gets recruited to join the academy and meets some of his wild classmates.
What We Want At Comic-Con
Syfy will have a Hall H panel presentation for Deadly Class at Comic-Con on Saturday at 6. The network will be debuting the first full-length trailer for the show there, so we should get some answers to our biggest questions.
We would love to know more about the plot in general. The creators said in the teaser that it will stay pretty faithful to the source material, but some more details, including specific characters or storylines, would be great.
Deadly Class will premiere sometime in 2019.