Combined Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS US Sales Reach 4 Million
Nintendo also reveals Mario Kart 8 has now sold 1.9 million units in the US; even more sales numbers revealed.
Alongside the NPD Group's March sales announcements today, Nintendo separately revealed new sales numbers for a handful of its Wii U and 3DS games, including Super Smash Bros., Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Mario Kart 8, and others.
Below are highlights from today's NPD announcements. Note that the figures listed below represent units sold in the United States only.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D -- 184,000 units in March; lifetime sales total 730,000 units
- Mario Kart 8 -- lifetime sales of 1.9 million units
- Mario Party 10 -- 290,000 total units in March
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS -- 110,000 units in March; lifetime sales total 2.4 million units
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U -- lifetime sales of nearly 1.6 million units
Nintendo hardware sales, meanwhile--including Wii U and 3DS systems--jumped by 60 percent for the first three months of 2015 compared to the same time period last year.
For more on March NPDs, check out the stories below:
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org