CoD: Warzone 2 And Modern Warfare 2 Patch Notes Address Frustrating Chat Bug And More
With Season 2 delayed, Infinity Ward has released an update bringing several major bug fixes across multiplayer, battle royale, and DMZ.
A new update has arrived to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2, addressing several frustrating bugs and crashing issues across multiplayer, battle royale, and DMZ. The full patch notes can be seen below, but a few highlights include a fix for the annoying chat bug and battle pass issues.
One major change in the update is the much-needed fix for the chat bug that caused multiple player names to remain on screen when talking in chat. This was frustrating because it caused the names to remain frozen in future matches as well, and the only way to correct it was to relaunch the game.
While it may be too late for those who already completed it, fixes finally arrive to Season 1's battle pass. Players who still need to finish completing the pass should now experience fewer freezing and navigation issues. The update also introduces a new feature to highlight any unspent battle pass tokens.
According to Infinity Ward's patch notes, there were also changes made to correct navigational issues and text bugs affecting the Gunsmith. It also brings a fix for the bug that sometimes caused a player's screen to turn black when exiting from the firing range.
For Warzone 2, the update addresses the exploit that allowed players to gain XP when using a Stim in the gas. It also fixes the pesky loadout crate bug, which could cause a player to freeze, disconnect from the game, or experience loss of functionality after interacting with a loadout crate.
Additionally, Infinity Ward says this update contains several fixes to reduce the number of known crashes across Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2. The full patch notes can be found below, as shared by Infinity Ward.
Season 2 will bring the next major update to both games, including new maps, weapons, and a fresh battle pass. Season 2 will also change Al Mazrah's Gulag to a 1v1 arena. Unfortunately, Activision has announced Season 2 of Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 is now delayed by two weeks. Originally set for February 1, Season 2 will now be launching on February 15, which the publisher says is to give the developers more time to implement changes based on player feedback.
- This update contains several fixes to reduce the number of known crashes. We continue to prioritize increased stability and crash fixes across all platforms.
- Battle Pass
- Improved navigation of Battle Pass including fixes for some Players experiencing freezing.
- Introduced a new feature to highlight any unspent Battle Pass tokens.
- Fixed an issue that caused multiple speaker names to persist on screen when four or more players were talking in chat.
- Fixed an issue that caused a visual error with the Combat Knife in the Armory.
- Fixed an issue with directional navigation for progression in Gunsmith.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Players to move the text on Attachments in Gunsmith.
- Fixed some issues that could cause menus to close out unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Player’s screen to turn black when exiting the Firing Range.
- Fixed an issue that caused previewing a desired Bundle in the Store to show incorrect content.
- Fixed a visual issue causing rainbow colors when navigating between menus quickly.
- Fixed a UI issue that showed all Operators using the same execution.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Player's screen to turn black while navigating the Store.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Store Bundle purchase cinematic to replay multiple times.
- Fixed an issue that would display the “Toronto Ultra” Bundle after a purchase despite purchasing a different Bundle.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused melee kills not to track.
- Fixed an issue with tracking distance of Longshot Challenges when opponents were using Last Stand Perk.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented match wins from counting towards Calling Card Challenges.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Players to earn XP when damaged by their own Suppression Mine.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Players to maintain the effects of Dead Silence or Battle Rage by purchasing a new Field Upgrade while another was already active.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Players to gain XP when using a Stim in the Gas.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to freeze and disconnect a Player, or cause loss of functionality, after interacting with a Loadout Crate.
- Addressed a number of issues impacting functionality and flow of equipping, swapping and previewing Insured Slot Weapons.
- Fixed an issue where opening a medium or large Backpack’s Weapon slot initially blocks scrolling back down to the main Loadout items.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Players to duplicate items.
- Fixed an issue causing party members to appear as “Not Ready” while preparing for a match.
- Fixed a bug where items from a Player’s Backpack would show up in a Dead Drop.
- Fixed an issue where hovering over a locked Contraband gun does not update the Weapon information in the UI preview.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Players to persist beyond the intended match end time.
- Fixed a bug that allowed two Players to get items from the same Supply Drop at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where pressing down on the scoreboard moves the cursor by two.
- Addressed an exploit allowing blocked attachments to be equipped.
- Fixed a UI bug in the Store that caused Free Bundle tags to stay on screen across other items.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving the Firing Range with a secondary weapon equipped.
- Fixed an issue where some players did not receive the Anime Enjoyer sticker after purchasing the Notice Me 1.0 bundle.
- Fixed an exploit allowing access to non-Core MP maps in a Private Match.
- Fixed a bug where weapons that had a receiver manually changed in Gunsmith could not be equipped in DMZ.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation