CoD Patch Notes: Warzone/Modern Warfare Update Out Now (August 24)
The big Call of Duty: Season 5 Reloaded update has arrived. Read the full patch notes and other important details here.
A new Season 5 update has been released for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. The August 24 patch is out now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC and is a somewhat sizable download, weighing in anywhere from 10 to 17 GB depending on your platform of choice--a more modest file size compared to some of Call of Duty's larger past updates. The update comes ahead of the upcoming reveal for the next Call of Duty game, called Black Ops Cold War, which is set to take place this week. Read on for a look at the full patch notes to see what's new and changed in Modern Warfare and Warzone.
Call of Duty August 24 Update File Size
- PS4: 10.6 GB
- Xbox: 14.09 GB
- PC: 11.3 GB (F2P) / 17.6 GB (Premium)
In terms of bug fixes, the Season 5 Reloaded update fixes a problem where your parachute would open "randomly" when dropping over certain parts of the Warzone map. In Ground War, you can now spawn on APCs, but in order to do so it will need to have enough health--the game won't let you spawn in on one that's about to be destroyed. And weapon stat graphs have been updated to reflect balance changes that have been made to the game post-launch.
Season 5 Reloaded adds a new weapon, the FiNN LMG, as well as a new Warzone mode called King Slayer. A new operator named Morte is coming to the game as well, while there is a new Games of Summer event where players can represent their country in single-player missions where they can earn rewards. For more on Season 5 Reloaded, check out GameSpot's breakdown of everything you need to know.
Also part of the update is a playlist update, which cycles in some different modes to both Modern Warfare (such as a 2v2 Face Off Verdansk Stadium, Shoot the Ship, and Ground War Reinforce) and Warzone (King Slayer Trios, Plunder Quads, and everything from 1-4-player-sized squads in BR).
Call Of Duty Warzone/Modern Warfare Season 5 Reloaded Patch Notes
- PS4: 10.6GB
- Xbox: 14.09GB
- PC: 11.3GB (F2P) / 17.6GB (Premium)
If you're looking to free up hard drive space on your console, you have the option to delete content you may no longer wish to use in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Click HERE to see how to manage and delete content. We will likely see another update for Warzone very soon, as the game is going to be the vehicle for the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War reveal. It will take place in the Verdansk area.
- Ground War
- Ground War Reinforce (32 players)
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Shoot the Ship
- Face Off Verdansk Stadium (2v2)
- BR Solos
- BR Duos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- Plunder: Quads
- King Slayer Trios
Learn more about what’s coming in Season Five Reloaded by checking out the Activision Games Blog, HERE!
- Ground War: You can now spawn on APCs even while they're in combat, just as long as the vehicle isn’t low on health
- You can now inspect your weapon during infil sequences!
- Fix for a bug where players could see Tracker footprints on the ground after respawning, even when they don’t have the perk equipped
- Fix for an issue where the Riot Shield could appear sideways in the preview screen
- Also, fixed a bug where the Riot Shield could appear crooked in the squad walk
- Fixed a bug where using Flaming Throwing Knives would not reset Dead Silence
- Season 5 Week 1 challenge reads: "Call in the Personal UAV Killstreak 7 Times." Should be written as Personal Radar
- The Week 1 challenge reads: "Play 3 matches with Wyatt and your Coalition Operator". Using and instead of as
- Fix for an issue where the scoreboard could reflect inaccurate information when going from a multiplayer match to a Warzone match
- Fixed a bug where some users were unable to unblock players
- Fixed a bug where the ‘World Eater’ calling card appeared animated, although it should be a static image
- Fix for an issue where partially watching the killcam and then skipping it, can sometimes result in reduced respawn time
- Various fixes to help the Tomogunchi Turbo watch function as intended
- Fixed an issue where the Stopping Round Field Upgrade could become unlimited after using two of the same weapon
- Adjusted weapon stats graphs to better match rate of fire and post-launch weapon balancing
- Fix for a bug where tracers could lose their impact VFX when the ammunition is changed from the default 5.56 NATO ammunition on the M4
- Sniper – Thermal Scope: lowered optic resolution and reduced thermal range
- Adding ‘HEI’ (High Explosive Incendiary) label to cosmetic dismembering ammo types
- Fix for an issue where the gas mask could become invulnerable
- Fixed a bug where the yellow highlighting of your name in the Squad widget was missing from BR Buy Back
- Fix for a bug where the parachute could open randomly when jumping over certain areas of the map
- In BR Quads, the player's minimap icon had both the downed icon and arrow when the player started the Most Wanted contract. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the loot dropped from a squadmate who died in the gulag would be available for other squad members to pick up if they enter the same gulag
- Fixed a bug where players will observe no ping audio from a spectator creating world pings
- Various fixes for issues with Self Revive:
- Players may see no UI for Self Revive after buying it at a kiosk, then see the Self Revive 'Use' UI right before the player dies when downed but too late to be able to revive themselves
- Players may see no UI for Self Revive and when downed, they are able to use a Self Revive
- Players may be unable to buy a Self Revive at a kiosk stating "The player already has this item", despite not having one in their inventory
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE:
- Fixed a bug where barrels with integrated suppressors were still available
- Improved stability and performance
- Fixed an issue that caused screen resolution to be higher than native resolution at 100 render resolution when in fullscreen borderless mode
- Fixed an issue that could lock FOV to 60 after playing a game of Ground War
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.