CoD: Modern Warfare, Warzone Patch Nerfs Overpowered SP-R Sniper
Call of Duty: Warzone's SP-R has been tweaked, including a reduction in its ADS speed.
Developer Infinity Ward has released a small update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One that makes one big change: It nerfs the overpowered SP-R sniper rifle. The full patch notes are outlined below.
The SP-R is Warzone's new sniper rifle as part of the Season 6 battle pass. Previously, the gun's "basically hitscan" nature allowed it to break armor with a single chest-shot and kill in a single headshot. Couple this with its high damage and mobility and the SP-R proved to be quite a threat at long-range. The new patch adjusts the sniper's ADS speed, flinch, and ammo and attachment attributes.
In particular, the SP-R's flinch has been increased while its overall ADS speed has been decreased. The variable zoom scope attachment for the sniper has also had its ADS speed slightly reduced. Meanwhile, the .300 Norma Mag and .338 Lapua Mag ammo types have reduced ADS speed and bullet velocity.
Though small and specifically targeting the SP-R, the patch also tweaks a couple of other weapons. This includes fixing a bug with the new AS VAL assault rifle and reducing the ADS speed for the SKS DMR's variable zoom scopes. Check below for a detailed list of changes made in this update.
Full CoD: Modern Warfare, Warzone Patch Notes (October 8)
- Fixed an issue where players could survive in the gas while staying on the subway fast travel system
- AS VAL:
- Fixed a bug where the SSP 10-R mags could allow bullet penetration through multiple walls.
- SP-R 208:
- Increase to flinch.
- Minor reduction to ADS speed.
- Variable zoom scope:
- Moved weapon closer to the player while ADSing.
- Small reduction to ADS speed.
- .300 Norma Mag and .338 Lapua Mag ammo types:
- Reduction to bullet velocity.
- Reduction to ADS speed.
- SKS: Small reduction to ADS speed for variable zoom scopes.
Call of Duty News
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.