CoD: Modern Warfare Patch Notes--Sorry, No Battle Royale Update Yet
Get ready to get your boots on the ground in the updated version of Ground War.
Since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's second season kicked off last month, the first-person shooter has received a bunch of updates since then, and developer Infinity Ward is back with another quick patch for the Modern Warfare reboot on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. We've compiled the full notes below--just don't expect the rumored Warzone battle royale mode to be waiting for you next time you boot up the game.
The full patch notes reveal some minor changes made to Modern Warfare, includes adjustments to the uzi, updates to the playlist, a quick PC fix, some late additions that didn't make it in a previous patch, and more. Most exciting might be what's not in the patch notes but is now available from the in-game store: a Tamagotchi.
Shoot the Ship has replaced Dirty Old House Boat as the game's 24/7 map. The 3v3 snipers only version of Gunfight has been replaced by the more traditional Gunfight while retaining the same number of players. However, all Gunfight maps can be played in a new "1v1 Me Bro" format, where the UAV is always on and the speech of enemy players can be heard. Lastly in the playlist update, Ground War has been updated to a boots-on-the-ground version where there are no tanks and the realism rules no longer apply.
This latest Modern Warfare patch makes a few quality of life adjustments as well. A PC bug where the shader status bar displayed incorrectly should be resolved, the uzi has new attachments and adjustments, the CDL Domination round transition screen has been fixed, and some weapon changes that didn't make it in February 25 patch (like a reduction in recoil to the SA87 12.4 Factory Barrel) are now live.
Full Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Patch Notes (March 3)
- Shoot the Ship 24/7 (replaces Dirty Old House Boat)
- 3v3 Gunfight (replaces Gunfight 3v3 Snipers Only)
- 1v1 Me Bro - all Gunfight maps. Includes an always-on UAV and the ability to hear enemy players speaking
- Boots on the Ground War - updated to regular Ground War with no tanks and removing Realism rules.
- Removed Giant Infection
- Sped up sprint out time
- New attachments available through challenges!
- New .41 AE caliber change for increased damage and range
- New Uzi Carbine Pro Barrel for increased range and bullet velocity
Fixed a bug where the shaders status bar would read as paused in the UI even though the shaders were continuing to install in the background
- Fixed a bug where killfeed colors would become inverted
- Added a way to see when a player has activated Dead Silence
- In CDL Domination, the round transition screen would display "Team Wins: instead of "Switching Sides" when the first round ends. This has been fixed.
Our patch notes from 2/25 contained weapon notes that did not actually make it into the update itself. The below changes are now live as of today:
- Increased close and mid-range damage for the AK 5.45x39mm round mags
- Reduced recoil to the SA87 12.4 Factory Barrel
Call of Duty News
- Best Call Of Duty: Vanguard Weapons And Loadouts
- How To Find All Der Anfang Intel In Call Of Duty: Vanguard Zombies
- Best Weapons And Tips For Der Anfang In Call Of Duty: Vanguard Zombies
- How To Unlock The Coveted Mastery Camos In Call Of Duty: Vanguard
- Call Of Duty: Vanguard And Warzone Season 1 Start Date And Details
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.