CoD: Modern Warfare Has Brought Back A Mode We Loved In MW3
A mode that originated in 2011's Call of Duty: MW3 is coming back in CoD: Modern Warfare on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
The team-based mode challenges players to hold objectives to win, with teams earning points by staying inside the designated...drop zone. The first team to reach the goal point total wins the match. The hook with Drop Zone is that killstreaks continually fall from the sky while you're holding the zone, which leads to some particularly turbulent gameplay.
A blog post by Activision offers a number of tips, tricks, and strategies for succeeding in Drop Zone, which is played across a variety of maps such as Crash, Arklov Peak, and Granza Raid.
Drop Zone originated in Modern Warfare 3, and it was subsequently featured in other Infinity Ward-developed titles such as Call of Duty: Ghosts and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. The mode will come to Modern Warfare at some point this week across PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
It's a big week for Call of Duty, as Warzone introduces a new way to play, while Infinity Ward will offer double XP for the weekend. Modern Warfare's Season 3 is currently underway, and you can check out the new maps in a dedicated playlist right now.
Call of Duty News
- Call Of Duty: Vanguard And Warzone Season 1 Start Date And Details
- Call Of Duty: Vanguard Zombies Worldwide Reveal Set For October 14
- How To Complete Forsaken Main Easter Egg In CoD: Black Ops Cold War Zombies
- How To Get Chrysalax Wonder Weapon In CoD: Black Ops Cold War Zombies
- Call Of Duty: Vanguard Story Trailer Showcases Cast And Their Mission
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.