Classic GI Joe Cartoon and Pyre Themes Coming To Dropmix
Harmonix's rhythm mixing game Dropmix has been getting regular updates since its launch last year, but attendees at this year's PAX East will get the chance to add two unique cards to their roster: themed around Pyre and GI Joe. Both cards will be available at the PAX East Dropmix booth (#19097), and you can see the art for the cards below. The GI Joe-themed card features a remix of the '80s cartoon theme, though PR for the game says it will hew closely to the spirit of the original. And the Pyre-themed card includes an original song from Pyre's soundtrack; that card will be available to at the Supergiant booth (#19091) for playing a demo of their game as well.
Dropmix will feature pretty heavily at PAX East this year in other ways as well. In addition to the exclusive cards, there'll be a behind-the-scenes panel with early prototypes of the game and a discussion of some of the challenges the development team faced. Titled "Every day I'm shuffling: The making of Dropmix," the panel starts at 4 PM on April 5 in the Bumblebee Theater.
To add to the upcoming drop of Dropmix content , the game is scheduled to get a fairly substantial update on April 2 just before the show starts. Here are the patch notes, courtesy of Harmonix:
- You can now set a turn timer in Clash for fast-paced play. If time runs out before you use all of your actions, your turn ends automatically.
- If you accidentally hit the DropMix button in Clash, you now have a few moments to hit it again to cancel the Equalizer spin.
- Ability to choose difficulty settings in Party mode. You have to play faster on higher difficulties, but you can also earn more points.
- Party scores are now saved in a high score list. When you set a new high score, you can name your score to keep a record of your best parties.
- When you save a video, you can now choose to record a full-length mix and export at a higher resolution.
And shortly after that, on May 21, the game will drop a new Dance/Electronica Playlist pack, which includes (among other new tracks):
- Afrojack “Take Over Control” (ft. Eva Simons)
- CHVRCHES’ “The Mother We Share”
- Jason Derulo “Want To Want Me”
- The Chainsmokers “Closer” (ft. Halsey)
- ODESZA “Say My Name” (ft. Zyra)
- James Landino “Break For Me”
So, if you've been looking for more Dropmix content to add to your deck, even if you can't make it to PAX East this year, there's quite a bit on the way in the coming months.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org