Civilization 6 For Nintendo Switch Confirmed During Nintendo Direct
Another big Switch port is on the way.
Update: Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch has been officially announced (again).Its original, seemingly leaked announcement went live last week after the September Nintendo Direct was scheduled to take place. But when the Direct was delayed, the announcement still went live, spoiling what would have been a surprise reveal during the presentation. Regardless, we now have a trailer, which you can check out below. The original story follows.
Civilization VI is coming to Nintendo Switch on November 16, 2018, publisher 2K Games has announced. The Nintendo Switch version will have "the latest game updates and improvements, and four pieces of additional content which adds four new civilizations, leaders, and scenarios." These new scenarios are the Vikings pack, Poland pack, Australia pack, and the Persia and Macedon pack.
"Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch includes four playable scenarios, each with a different setting and style of gameplay inspired by history," the game's official website (which has been taken offline since we first published this story) reads. "Be part of the colonization of Australia in 'Outback Tycoon,' defend Poland from invaders in 'Jadwiga's Legacy' choose a Viking leader to plunder Europe in 'Vikings, Raiders, and Traders,' or conquer the known world in the 'Conquests of Alexander.'
The Nintendo Switch version of Civilization VI will also allow up to four players to cooperate or compete in wireless local multiplayer.
Civilization VI originally launched in 2016 and received a 9/10 from GameSpot. In his review, critic Scott Butterworth said the game "has a few rough edges, but they’re pushed far into the periphery by spectacular strategic depth and intricate interlocking nuances."
He continued: "Any frustrations I experienced were immediately eclipsed by my desire to continue playing. Just one more turn, every turn, forever." You can read our full Civilization VI review for more on the game.
In February, 2018 the new Rise and Fall expansion was released for Civilization VI, and it was received well by Kallie Plagge, who awarded it an 8/10. "As Civ VI's first expansion ... Rise and Fall works so well with the base game that lingering issues are minor," she said.
"It enhances, rather than overcomplicates, systems that were already deep and layered to begin with, while introducing features that keep each game engaging from start to finish. Ages in particular provide room for struggling civs to climb the ranks in the late game and keep leading civs on their toes, and the Governor and Loyalty systems add to the city-specific strategies that helped make the base game great." Read the full Civilization VI: Rise and Fall review here.
September 2018 Nintendo Direct News
- Animal Crossing On Nintendo Switch Is Finally Happening
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Is Coming To Switch In Japan As A Streaming Game
- Luigi's Mansion 3 Announced For Nintendo Switch, Will Have 2019 Release
- Nintendo Direct Shares More Switch Online Service Details
- Katamari Damacy Remaster Coming To Nintendo Switch In 2018
- Mario Tennis Aces Adds Shy Guy And Birdo Along With Co-op Modes
- Civilization 6 For Nintendo Switch Confirmed During Nintendo Direct
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Coming To Nintendo Switch In 2019
- Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age Coming To Nintendo Switch And Xbox One
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Reveals Another Unexpected Character
- The Classics Of The Final Fantasy Series Make Their Debut On The Switch In 2019
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com