Carmageddon: Max Damage Coming to PS4, Xbox One
"It's the racing game where racing is for wimps."
The Carmageddon franchise is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Developer Stainless Games, the UK studio that was also behind the crowdfunded Carmageddon Reincarnation, today announced that a new game called Carmageddon: Max Damage will launch for those consoles later this year.
Marvel's Avengers - 18 Minutes Of Gameplay | A-Day Prologue Astral Chain: S+ Rank On Ultimate Difficulty Gameplay Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC Possibly Revealed - GS News Update Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- August 18-24, 2019 Gears 5, New Xbox One Controllers, And More From The Inside Xbox Gamescom Stream - GS News Update Apex Legends Devs Respond To Reddit Controversy - GS News Update Shenmue 3 - A Day In Shenmue Trailer Metro Exodus - The Two Colonels | First 30 Minutes Preacher Season 4 Episode 4 "Search and Rescue" Best Easter Eggs The Matrix 4 Is Happening With Keanu Reeves And Carrie-Anne Moss - GS Universe News Update Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige No Longer Producing Spider-Man Movies - GSU News Update Bond 25 Title Finally Confirmed - GameSpot Universe News Update
Stainless promises Max Damage will offer an "over-the-top" experience fitting of the franchise's history.
"Set in a world of over-the-top violence, crazy PowerUps and non-stop laughs, you play against a bunch of complete crazies in twisted automotive killing machines whose aim is purely to maim you," the developer said in its announcement. "It's the racing game where racing is for wimps."
Additionally, Stainless has confirmed that people who bought Reincarnation will get a free copy of Max Damage for PC later this year.
Here are some other key takeaways for Max Damage, as written by Stainless:
- Over 30 cool custom killing machines, each with their own highly distinctive character
- 10 large open environments to explore
- A host of moving targets to hunt down for points, including pedestrians in wheelchairs & mobility scooters, cyclists, bears and aliens
- Career mode with 6 different event types
- Multiplayer with 4 online event types
- Fully featured action replay mode; to relive all the action again from any perspective.
- … with over 90 crazy PowerUps, complex car damage and repair system, blood, laughs and much, much more.
For a closer look at Max Damage, check out some images in the gallery below.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com