Carmageddon: Max Damage Coming to PS4, Xbox One
"It's the racing game where racing is for wimps."
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The Carmageddon franchise is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Developer Stainless Games, the UK studio that was also behind the crowdfunded Carmageddon Reincarnation, today announced that a new game called Carmageddon: Max Damage will launch for those consoles later this year.
Modern Warfare Not For Sale On The PlayStation Store In Russia - GS News Update Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- October 20-26, 2019 The Outer Worlds | PC Max Settings Combat And Exploration Gameplay (No HUD) Destiny 2: How To Find Banshee's Workshop | Leviathan's Breath Exotic Bow Quest Guide Doom 64 - Official Announcement Trailer The Outer Worlds | Hysterical Vendor Dialogue Conversation Gameplay The Evil Within - 8 Days of Horror | GameSpot Live The Evil Within - 8 Days Of Horror | GameSpot Live You Might Not Be Able To Play Google Stadia On Launch Day - GS News Update The Most Important Zombie Movies In History The OMEN Esports Report LIVE Fallout 76 Private Servers & Subscription Service Are Here - GS News Update
Stainless promises Max Damage will offer an "over-the-top" experience fitting of the franchise's history.
"Set in a world of over-the-top violence, crazy PowerUps and non-stop laughs, you play against a bunch of complete crazies in twisted automotive killing machines whose aim is purely to maim you," the developer said in its announcement. "It's the racing game where racing is for wimps."
Additionally, Stainless has confirmed that people who bought Reincarnation will get a free copy of Max Damage for PC later this year.
Here are some other key takeaways for Max Damage, as written by Stainless:
- Over 30 cool custom killing machines, each with their own highly distinctive character
- 10 large open environments to explore
- A host of moving targets to hunt down for points, including pedestrians in wheelchairs & mobility scooters, cyclists, bears and aliens
- Career mode with 6 different event types
- Multiplayer with 4 online event types
- Fully featured action replay mode; to relive all the action again from any perspective.
- … with over 90 crazy PowerUps, complex car damage and repair system, blood, laughs and much, much more.
For a closer look at Max Damage, check out some images in the gallery below.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org