Carmageddon: Max Damage Coming to PS4, Xbox One
"It's the racing game where racing is for wimps."
The Carmageddon franchise is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Developer Stainless Games, the UK studio that was also behind the crowdfunded Carmageddon Reincarnation, today announced that a new game called Carmageddon: Max Damage will launch for those consoles later this year.
New Nintendo Switch With Better Battery Life Announced - GS News Update Where Is Xur Today? Destiny 2 Exotic Vendor Location Guide (7/19 - 7/23) Next Pokemon Go Community Day Features Shiny Mudkip - GS News Update Fortnite Monster-Robot Mech Final Showdown Live Event Gamescom Starts August 20, Will Show More Cyberpunk 2077 - GS News Update Marvel's Avengers Story And Co-Op Details Announced At SDCC - GS News Update Why We're Excited For Netflix's The Witcher | SDCC 2019 Star Trek Lower Decks Detailed And First Picard Trailer Revealed - GSU News Update Rick and Morty's Season 4 Panel | SDCC 2019 Fortnite Monster-Robot Final Showdown Ground Perspective In Person Gameplay The Best DC Cosplay At SDCC 2019! Snowpiercer - Official TBS Trailer | SDCC 2019
Stainless promises Max Damage will offer an "over-the-top" experience fitting of the franchise's history.
"Set in a world of over-the-top violence, crazy PowerUps and non-stop laughs, you play against a bunch of complete crazies in twisted automotive killing machines whose aim is purely to maim you," the developer said in its announcement. "It's the racing game where racing is for wimps."
Additionally, Stainless has confirmed that people who bought Reincarnation will get a free copy of Max Damage for PC later this year.
Here are some other key takeaways for Max Damage, as written by Stainless:
- Over 30 cool custom killing machines, each with their own highly distinctive character
- 10 large open environments to explore
- A host of moving targets to hunt down for points, including pedestrians in wheelchairs & mobility scooters, cyclists, bears and aliens
- Career mode with 6 different event types
- Multiplayer with 4 online event types
- Fully featured action replay mode; to relive all the action again from any perspective.
- … with over 90 crazy PowerUps, complex car damage and repair system, blood, laughs and much, much more.
For a closer look at Max Damage, check out some images in the gallery below.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com