Carmageddon: Max Damage Coming to PS4, Xbox One
"It's the racing game where racing is for wimps."
The Carmageddon franchise is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Developer Stainless Games, the UK studio that was also behind the crowdfunded Carmageddon Reincarnation, today announced that a new game called Carmageddon: Max Damage will launch for those consoles later this year.
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Trailer | Summer Game Fest 2023 Mortal Kombat 1 Gameplay Reveal Trailer | Summer Game Fest 2023 Sonic Superstars - Announce Trailer Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Date Announcement | Summer Game Fest 2023 Twisted Metal TV Show Trailer | Summer Game Fest 2023 Path of Exile 2 Gameplay Trailer | Summer Game Fest 2023 Best Summer Games Fest 2023 Trailers Lies of P - 36 Minutes Of Demo Gameplay Immortals of Aveum Gameplay Trailer | Summer Game Fest 2023 Fortnite Wilds | Summer Game Fest 2023 Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth Gameplay Trailer | Summer Game Fest 2023 Modern Warfare II & Warzone 2.0: New Map Vondel reveal | Summer Game Fest 2023
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking 'enter', you agree to GameSpot's
Stainless promises Max Damage will offer an "over-the-top" experience fitting of the franchise's history.
"Set in a world of over-the-top violence, crazy PowerUps and non-stop laughs, you play against a bunch of complete crazies in twisted automotive killing machines whose aim is purely to maim you," the developer said in its announcement. "It's the racing game where racing is for wimps."
Additionally, Stainless has confirmed that people who bought Reincarnation will get a free copy of Max Damage for PC later this year.
Here are some other key takeaways for Max Damage, as written by Stainless:
- Over 30 cool custom killing machines, each with their own highly distinctive character
- 10 large open environments to explore
- A host of moving targets to hunt down for points, including pedestrians in wheelchairs & mobility scooters, cyclists, bears and aliens
- Career mode with 6 different event types
- Multiplayer with 4 online event types
- Fully featured action replay mode; to relive all the action again from any perspective.
- … with over 90 crazy PowerUps, complex car damage and repair system, blood, laughs and much, much more.
For a closer look at Max Damage, check out some images in the gallery below.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation