Call Of Duty: Warzone Hits A Big Milestone
Here's how many people have played the free-to-play Call of Duty battle royale game.
Call of Duty: Warzone, the free battle royale game, has reached a new player milestone. Activision has confirmed that the game passed 15 million players on March 14, so it's surely climbed higher since.
The battle royale game reached 6 million players in its first 24 hours following release on March 11, so it's clearly growing at a solid clip.
For comparison, EA's Apex Legends, had 2.5 million players in its first 24 hours and 25 million players during its first week, so it'll be interesting to see how Warzone compares after its first week, if Activision chooses to continue sharing these updates.
In terms of what's to come in the future for Warzone, Activision has said fans can look forward to new DLC and live events that will keep you guessing. This will be on top of the content headed to Modern Warfare's standard multiplayer mode.
Additionally, Activision is developing a brand-new Call of Duty game for release later this year. It hasn't been officially announced yet, but rumors peg it to be Black Ops 5 from developer Treyarch.
Call of Duty: Warzone
- CoD: Warzone Fortune's Keep Map Easter Eggs
- Warzone Season 4 Patch Notes And File Size: Fortune's Keep Map And More
- CoD: Warzone Trailer Gives Closer Look At Upcoming Fortune's Keep Map
- CoD: Warzone Patch Notes Drop Player Count To 120 For Season 3 Reloaded
- NPD's Most-Played Games List Of Q1 Doesn't Include Elden Ring
- CoD: Warzone Season 3 Reloaded Update Start Date, Time, And Details
- Call Of Duty: Warzone 2 Details Leak, Including Rainbow Six-Like Interrogation System
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Players Are Farming Kong's Testicles For Easy XP
- New Call Of Duty: Warzone 2 And Modern Warfare 2 Leaks Surface
- CoD: Warzone Operation Monarch Event Start Times And Details
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.