Call Of Duty: Warzone And Black Ops Cold War Patch And Playlist Updates Are Live (January 7)
New modes are now available to play in Warzone and Black Ops Cold War.
Activision has rolled out the newest playlist updates for Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War, adding new multiplayer modes and, in Warzone's case, removing a few as well. Additionally, wider patches for both games are now available.
Playlist updates are now going live on Thursdays. The January 7 update was the first to follow this new schedule. You can find what's new in each title, as well as what's been removed from Warzone, in the list below. Read on for the full patch notes.
Call Of Duty: Warzone January 7 Playlist Update
- Plunder - Quads
- Rebirth Island - Mini Royale Duos, Resurgence Trios
- Plunder - Blood Money Trios
- Rebirth Island - Mini Royale Quads
Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War January 7 Playlist Update
- Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7
- Gunfight Blueprints
- Dirty Bomb Duos
As for the wider game updates, the Warzone patch includes the previously announced weapon nerfs, while the Black Ops Cold War update fixes a few exploits and other issues. You can see the full patch notes below, as posted on Treyarch's website.
In other news, Warzone co-developer Raven Software delivered a message to fans informing them that the studio is "consistently monitoring feedback" in an attempt to make Warzone the best experience it can be. "A big piece of that is constructive thoughts from you, the player, so please keep sharing!" the developer said. Raven was also largely responsible for the campaign in Black Ops Cold War. Previously, it had functioned as a support studio for the other Call of Duty games.
Know that we are consistently monitoring feedback and pushing for the best gameplay experience. A big piece of that is constructive thoughts from you, the player - so please keep sharing!— Raven Software (@RavenSoftware) January 7, 2021
This statement does not appear to be addressing any one issue in particular, but it comes just a day after Raven released an update that nerfed the DMR 14 and other weapons after players spoke out. With the launch of Season 1, Black Ops and Warzone have in essence become combined, with Black Ops weapons now available in Warzone, and the experience isn't landing just right with everyone.
In other news, Warzone recently added its newest Operator, Bulldozer, who wields a giant sledgehammer and is now available to buy in a new bundle.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent new Daily Challenges from appearing.
- Addressed issues preventing the following Daily Challenges from tracking properly:
- "Team Deathmatch Challenger"
- "Hardcore Challenger"
- "Hardcore Champion"
- Addressed an issue that could prevent progress from tracking for the "Mass Casualties" Challenge when using a Cruise Missile.
- Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7 [NEW]
- Includes TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint on Raid and Crossroads Strike.
- Hardcore version also available in Quick Play.
- Gunfight Blueprints [NEW]
- 2v2 Gunfight matches using new randomized Weapon Blueprint-based loadouts.
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb Duos [NEW]
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb played with 20 players (10 teams of Duos).
- Nuketown 24/7 [UPDATED]
- Nuketown ’84 Holiday replaced with Nuketown ’84.
- Face Off
- Prop Hunt
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb
- Added extra models and collision to prevent being able to kill enemies at their spawn in Game Show at the start of a match.
- Combined Arms
- Adjusted time in Combined Arms: Assault when a zone is captured.
- Addressed an issue in Hardcore modes where Spy Planes exiting the map could override the mini-map being active, even if a H.A.R.P. was still active.
- Care Package
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when calling in a Holiday Care Package.
- Adjusted XP values for Operator Missions.
- Added various stability fixes.
- Closed various map exploit areas.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Ammo Mod from appearing on the player’s weapon immediately after using the Pack-a-Punch.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue where the player could load into Dead Ops Arcade with the wrong Operator Skin.
- Addressed an issue where the player could be downed by walking underneath a spike trap.
- Addressed different effect issues occurring when transitioning from solo play.
- Addressed various particle effect issues.
- Addressed an issue where a player could lose their Bronze chalice after a private match.
And from Raven Software:
- Verdansk Quads - 152 Players
- Trios – 150 Players
- Duos – 150 Players
- Solos – 150 Players
- Plunder Quads – 100 Players
- Rebirth Island
- Resurgence Trios – 45 Players
- Mini Royale Duos – 40 Players
- DMR 14
- Reduced headshot damage.
- Increased recoil.
- Type 63
- Reduced headshot damage.
- Increased recoil.
- Decreased headshot damage multiplier.
- Handgun Charlie (Akimbo Only)
- Decreased damage range.
- Increased hip-fire spread.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.