Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Update Released, Patch Notes Detail What's New
Fixes and more included with the new patch on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
The newest update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has arrived, and while it's not the most substantial, it does include some notable changes and improvements. This comes just ahead of the kickoff of Modern Warfare's first free seasonal content drop, which will introduce new maps, modes, guns, and more.
Starting off, spawn cameras for the Headquarters and Hardpoint multiplayer modes are now turned off. Additionally, the patch fixes a problem related to how players could join a progress too late in a match in the free-for-all mode. On top of that, free-for-all mode is now located in the Filter menu, while four-player parties can now play together in Gun Game.
In terms of fixes, the new Modern Warfare update eliminates a bug that could cause laser sights on the P90 and MP5 to become "misaligned." The update also removes some out-of-bounds and boosting exploits that some players were taking advantage of. For Spec Ops mode, the update includes a "minor adjustment" to difficulty, but that's all that developer Infinity Ward had to say on the matter.
You can see the full November 25 patch notes down below, as posted by Infinity Ward on Reddit.
In other news, Infinity Ward has introduced a new variant of the 2v2 Gunfight mode. Players can now take part in a tournament to test their skills. In this single-elimination tournament for 16 teams, squads that win will keep moving through eight rounds until one is named victor. For lots more on the new Gunfight tournament mode, which is a beta that is only available for a limited time, head to Activision's website.
Modern Warfare November 25 Patch Notes:
- Allowing up to 4-player parties in Gun Game
- Moving FFA to the Filter menu
- Fixing join in progress for FFA to prevent finding late-progress matches
- Turning off spawn cameras for Headquarters and Hardpoint
- Removed infils for both teams when loading into Piccadilly, Search and Destroy
- Fix for a bug where the thermal optic on the PP19 Bizon would appear white while ADS
- Fix for the E.O.D. perk not allowing players to hack claymores in FFA
- Fix for various boosting and out of bounds exploits
- Fix for laser sights becoming misaligned on the P90 and MP5
- Special Operations: Minor adjustment to difficulty
Call of Duty News
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org