Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Update Released; Full Patch Notes Listed
Check out the full patch notes in the article below.
Following the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare this past Friday, Infinity Ward released a new patch largely concerned with minor bug fixes. As such, this Day 1 update doesn't make any major changes to the game, though if you're wondering exactly what it does, you can check out the full patch notes below.
Among other things, crashes should be reduced on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. There were also fixes for issues with a pair of challenges (Elite Sniper and Best of the Best). Here's everything changed:
Call Of Duty October 25 Update Patch Notes
- Backend fixes to help prevent against crashing across all platforms--if you experience a crash, please let us know
- Fix for a bug where players could earn more points when shooting specific vehicles while having Pointman equipped
- Improved ADS while using weapons without scopes on Xbox
- In some instances, some players were not able to complete the Highway mission due to an exfil bug
- Fix for the "Best of the Best" challenge not tracking progress
- Fix for the "Elite Sniper" challenge not displaying the correct description
- Fix for various camos not unlocking during progression
- Fix for the unlock criteria for the "Double Cross" reticle not progressing past 4
- Fix for the description and requirements needed to unlock some optic scopes in Gunsmith
- Fix for an exploit in Gunsmith when using mouse and keyboard
In GameSpot's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare review in progress, Kallie Plagge wrote, "The pitfalls of Spec Ops don't detract from what Modern Warfare does well. Realism mode is an excellent addition to the slate, and although not all the new multiplayer modes are great, Gunfight and the Night Vision playlist are refreshing standouts. And while the campaign ends up playing it safe in the end, it's still a memorable one, and it lays a strong foundation for where the Modern Warfare series could go from here."
Ground War was added to Modern Warfare's queue of multiplayer modes later on Friday. Modern Warfare's largest multiplayer mode was unavailable at first--just like the game's NVG mode, which was removed at launch with an update that also implemented a few bug fixes. Currently, you can only queue into Quick Play, Gunfight, Cyber Attack, Realism, and Private Match.
If you're worried about jumping into Modern Warfare, check out our essential beginner's tips. We also have a guide on all the returning characters, so you know what to possibly expect in future Call of Duty stories.
Call of Duty News
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare/Warzone Season 5 Revealed: File Size, Battle Pass, New Maps, Modes
- CoD: Modern Warfare/Warzone Season 5 Update Is Big, But PS4 Pre-Loading Is Live
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone Season 5 Trailer Razes The Roof
- Controversial "Border War" Skin Renamed In Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare And Warzone
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com