Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Update Bug Now Resolved
The new update provides five new loadout slots, among other things--but there's an unfortunate bug with no fix at the moment.
Update: The issue associated with the update causing data corruption has been resolved to an extent; you'll no longer encounter the error message, but the damage may have already been done temporarily. If you already customized some of your new loadout slots, you'll find those have been reset to their defaults--Infinity Ward says this is a one-time issue, so you're free to use them now.
However, if you hit "yes" on the error message, certain stats, leaderboard rankings, and so on will have been wiped. Actual progression, like your profile and weapon ranks, has not been lost. If you have yet to download the update, you're now safe to do so. You shouldn't get the bug. Our original story continues below.
Today's community update is now live! See what happened this week at the studio, get updates to issues we're tracking, and see what's we're working on for next week! #ModernWarfare https://t.co/pl0itcRNS0 pic.twitter.com/9tDt53NOCc— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) January 25, 2020
Infinity Ward has released a new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update, making some additions and adjustments alongside a wide array of bug fixes. The January 22 patch is now available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The big new additions are a new weapon and additional loadout slots, along with rotated playlists. Read on for a look at the full patch notes.
The studio has also given a warning about a possible issue when downloading the update, telling affected users to hard-close their application if they get the prompt.
We're currently investigating an issue where players are getting an error prompt informing them their data is corrupt or did not download properly. Please do not select either option, but please hard close your application. Thank you for your patience while we work on this issue.— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) January 22, 2020
The new weapon is a crossbow, which you can unlock by equipping a Marksman Rifle with a Reflex Optic, and then getting 5 kills in 25 matches. In case that extra weapon makes you itchy for more loadouts--or just because more loadouts are always good in general--the update also adds five additional slots. The playlist has been updated with Capture the Flag and Shoot the Ship, and Aniyah Palace is back in rotation.
Meanwhile, the update also makes some fixes to persistent bugs and exploits. One of those was to Aniyah Palace, which is why it's rejoining the playlist. But by the same token, IW is removing Krovnik Farmland to work out bugs. There's also bug fixes and balance adjustments for weapons, and some stability and display improvements on PC. You can see the full notes below.
If you're curious what Infinity Ward has in store for future updates, you can check out its DLC roadmap, which came alongside a dedicated Trello board to keep fans informed of its plans and which bugs are on its radar. You can also still purchase the Outback Relief pack to help bushfire relief efforts in Australia through January 31.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare January 22 Patch Notes
- Playlist Update: Added Capure the Flag and Shoot the Ship (Removes Shoot House 24/7) playlists! We also added Aniyah Palace back into rotation
- 5 additional loadout slots!
- New Weapon – Crossbow! Unlocked by using a Marksman Rifle with a Reflex Optic, get 5 kills in 25 different matches!
- In some cases, players could hit an invisible kill trigger in a bush that would cause them to die instantly while near A Flag on Port. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an out of bounds exploit on Aniyah Palace
- Temporarily removing Krovnik Farmland out of rotation while we work on a few bugs
- Fix for a bug that could lock a PC player’s FOV at 60 until they respawn while in Ground War
- The “Stand Together” calling card (3 Wins in Team Deathmatch) was being awarded even though this calling card is earned by default. This has been adjusted to the “Redemption” calling card.
- The Daily Challenge for getting “10 Claymore Kills” was awarding the “One Shot” spray which is unlocked by default. This has been adjusted to the “Soft Serve” spray.
- Fix for an issue where the playlist filter would not switch game modes, even with multiple modes selected
- Adjusted the damage threshold for “Get X Kills while Injured” challenge to make it a bit easier to obtain
- Various out-of-map exploit fixes
- Fix for a few graphical errors that could occur on Ground War maps
- Infected: Fixed a bug where the Nuke effects and audio will interrupt and overlap the final killcam if called in after death of the final survivor
- Fixes to the Recent Players list appearing incorrectly on Xbox
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to capture the Hardpoint while in the hotel on St. Petrograd
- Adjusted the obituary to remove the oldest items first
- Fixed a bug that would reset Voice Chat settings after the application was hard closed
- Fix for a bug that allowed player collision. This has been fixed
- Players can no longer cancel their recovery state when sliding, but will always incur the standard fire delay (visually the player will still respond)
- On Shipment, players are able to set Care Packages on spawn points, causing players to die instantly when spawning in on these points. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the Elite Xbox One controller had a slight bounce back with the analog sticks
- Fixed a bug that could give players invincibility
- Fix for some Officer Progression emblems not displaying the correct rarity
- Fixed an issue that would lock Operator missions despite having the correct Battle Pass Tier
- Fixed a bug where using the ‘Stopping Power Rounds’ Field Upgrade with an empty C4 slot would cause the C4 detonator to appear before reloading with the Stopping Power Rounds
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations while manipulating the Weapon Drop Field Upgrade
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Recon Drone to fly into geo if C4 was thrown onto it
- Fix for Stopping Power Rounds not applying the correct damage boost to headshots
- Increased protection radius
- Decreased the radius and the damage taken by trophy explosions
- Fixed a bug where the explosion damage and effects wouldn’t trigger for the third explosion
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Cruise Missile to kill players while out of bounds on Shipment
- Fixed a bug where the 1mW Laser would not appear equipped on the 1911 pistol while in the Gunsmith menu
- M4A1 Blueprint "OG" ADS position moved forward; the viewmodel or gun's position relative to the camera or player's eye is moved forward more, so it blocks less of the line of sight
- Changing the magazine capacity from 45 to 50 for the RAM-7 extended magazine.
- Increasing the bullet penetration of the MK2 Carbine
- Less horizontal recoil on the initial bullets of the FN Scar-17
- Changed the way stats are displayed for stocks to be more consistent with other attachments (this is for the graphs only, not the actual stats)
Call of Duty League
- Domination: Flags must be neutralized before being captured again. Settings for neutralization timing are now available in settings
- Decreased charge time on the Trophy System
- Headshot multiplier damage has been clamped; torso and headshots are now the same
- Removed lightweight boost and decreased charge time on Dead Silence
- Reworked minimap visuals (removed outside map background, removed minimap frame)
- Improved readability of the killfeed and nameplate colors
- Improved the quality of the colored arrows shown under players when using the Aerial Camera
- Data View feature has been temporarily removed
- Tweaked parts of the Battle Pass UI in order to better support higher Aspect Ratios
- Fixed an issue with the sound effects on the Support Helo
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
Call of Duty News
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.