Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 1 Free DLC Shown Off In New Trailer
Modern Warfare's Season One premieres this week.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare expanded in a major way this week with the release of the military shooter's Season One of extra content. This includes free new maps, weapons, modes, along with additional cosmetics, a paid battle pass, and more. Activision has now released a new trailer hyping it up, and it looks impressive. [Update: The update is out now, and you can check out a detailed look at everything that's new as well as the patch notes, which detail the more granular changes and adjustments that Infinity Ward has made. This includes balance tweaks and the removal of certain playlists.]
Season One represents what Activision is calling the "biggest drop of free content in Call of Duty history." There are a number of hotly anticipated inclusions such as a remake of the famous multiplayer map Crash. Check out the trailer below to see a glimpse of the new content.
The new Modern Warfare breaks from the series tradition of charging for post-release content with map packs and other extras. In Modern Warfare, all of this is free. The Season One launch on December 3 also marks the beginning of the game's first Fortnite-style Battle Pass, which includes more than 100 tiers to progress through to unlock new cosmetic gear and more.
Activision has not shared monetization details yet, but it's expected to work similarly to Fortnite where players can spend real money to speed up their progress through the tiers. Check back with GameSpot on December 3 to see a breakdown of the game's microtransaction offerings.
You can see a rundown of what's included in Modern Warfare Season One below, but note that not all of the content will be available at launch.
Modern Warfare Season 1 Free Content (written by Activision):
- Crash (Multiplayer Map): The iconic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map has returned with all the flanking routes and action-packed rooftop encounters you remember.
- Vacant (Multiplayer Map): An abandoned office, previously visited in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, leads to intense interior combat across the complex.
- Shipment (Multiplayer and Gunfight Map): The classic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- Port (Ground War Map): Battle across massive shipping crates, cranes, buildings and streets in this unique Ground War map experience.
- Cargo (Gunfight Map): An open-roof storage vessel for shipping containers, on docks of London.
- Atrium (Gunfight Map): The centerpiece of a Verdansk palace, still intact despite the conflict raging nearby.
- Additional Maps: Look for additional multiplayer maps as Season 1 progresses.
- Reinforce (Multiplayer Mode): A hybrid of Dom and S&D, a single-life mode with both teams competing for control of three flags.
- On Site Procurement (O.S.P.) (Gunfight Mode): A tactically rich 2v2 mode with a twist: Begin with just your fists, and gather equipment as the match progresses.
- Infected (Multiplayer Mode): It’s hunt or be hunted in this survival party game mode!
- Additional Modes: Look for more modes as Season 1 continues.
- Bomb Squad (Special Ops Experience): Forces still loyal to Barkov have planted explosives around the city of Al-Raab. You’re here to defuse the situation.
- Grounded (Special Ops Experience): Enemies have seized Barkov’s former airbase. Engage and eliminate them.
- Pitch Black (Special Ops Experience): Infiltrate Barkov’s former estate and recover all required intel before an exfill in a Tactical Rover.
- Just Reward (Special Ops Experience): Your squad targets the head of an enemy financial operation, hacking his data centers, and gaining intel.
- Additional Content: Look for more Special Ops content as Season 1 continues.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.