Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Patch Notes - What's In The New Update?
The Bazaar map headlines the new update out now.
The latest update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has gone live, adding a new map and several fixes along with balance tweaks. It's now available for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Infinity Ward has released the full patch notes detailing what's new and changed, and you can see those below.
The biggest item on the patch list is the release of a new map, Bazaar--thanks to the way the game now operates, all players get this for free. Shoot House has been added to a playlist with Shipment and Rust 24/7, and you can also play Rust as 3v3 Snipers. It also adds the earlier promoted Boots on the Ground War variant, using realism rules with no tanks. [Update: The Giant Infection mode added this week has now been removed temporarily. Infinity Ward said in a tweet that the playlist was providing "a little too much XP." There's no word on how soon it might return.]
Weapon balance has gotten some slight buffs and nerfs. The Crossbow has increased reload speed, the SA87 got reduced recoil, among others. The Under Barrel Shotgun got readjusted in some key ways--increased pellet count, increased shell count, increased range, but reduced rate of fire--so whether that counts as an upgrade or downgrade probably comes down to personal preference.
If you haven't yet checked in with Modern Warfare and would like to give it a go, it's included in GameStop's Tax Refund Sale for $38. Currently the game is in the second season of its battle pass, and rumors have circulated that it's preparing to launch a battle royale mode. GameSpot's Modern Warfare review said the new multiplayer modes are great and the campaign "lays a strong foundation for where the Modern Warfare series could go from here."
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Feb 25 Patch Notes
- New map, Bazaar!
- Added Shoot House to an existing playlist with Shipment and Rust 24/7 ("Dirty Old House Boat")
- 3v3 Snipers on Rust!
- Giant Infection!
- "Boots on the Ground War" (Realism rules. No tanks.)
- Fix for a bug where friends who are online in Social Tab were not always appearing at the top of the list
- Various map exploit fixes
- Fix for some players seeing an incorrect Career Level
- More fixes to Regiment tags
- Fix for some players encountering an issue where their mouse stopped working after the last title update
- Fixed a bug in 3v3 Gunfight that allowed players to shoot through the center structure on King while using the AX-50
- Fixed an error that could occur when Hardline was earned in Specialist
- Quality of life backend fixes to help the Regiments and Social menus run smoother
- Fix for a spawn exploit on Vacant
- Fix for White Phosphorous killing all players instantly when in Realism modes
Trials: Fix for the score at the end of "Fire in the Hole" not tallying up properly
- Fixed a bug for the "Kills with Enemy Weapon" Karma challenge not tracking properly
- Fixed Daily Challenges that require you to get an X number of kills with an enemy weapon
- Fix for an objective when completing Golem’s Operator Mission that requested 5 Kills with lethal equipment but was tracking with killstreaks.
- “Alliance” Objective 6: Complete any 4 Co-Op Operations has been fixed
- “Alliance” Objective 2: Requires 50 Juggernaut kills with Otter as your Coalition Operator. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where weapons stopped showing level progress 1 level before their max rank, giving the appearance that they are no longer gaining XP
- Striker 45: Fixing range and ADS speed to match the description of the 300mm Poly Barrel
- Model 680: Slight range increase
- Model 680 XRK 30.0 Sport: range increase
- Slight Range decrease and ADS increase to the following:
- Model 680 – XRK 18.0” Liberator
- R9-0 Force TAC Sentry
- Origin 12 Forge TAC Precision
- Under Barrel Shotguns: increased pellet count, reduced rate of fire, increased shell count to 8, tuned autoswap after ammo is complete, range increase
- Crossbow: Increased reload speed
- Fixed a bug where the Akimbo Snakeshot .357s did not register damage for both guns when fired on the same frame
- Reduced recoil to the SA87 12.4 Factory Barrel
- Increased close and mid-range damage for the AK 5.45x39mm round mags
Classic Special Operations: Fix for a graphical bug that could occur on mission "Disinform" while on Xbox
Special Operations: Survival
- Piccadilly: Fix for a bug where helicopters could clip through buildings
- Adjusted Cluster Strike damage towards enemy helicopters
- Fix for a bug where destroying the enemy helicopter/pilot was not awarding money as intended
- Operation Crosswind: Fix for a bug that could prevent players from using the Cruise Missile while having the Thermite Launcher equipped
- Operation Crosswind: Fixed an issue where the Juggernauts outside the airport might not pursue players after breaking stealth
- Operation Crosswind: Fixed a bug where a player would have infinite ammo and standard weapons if jumping out of the plane with the Juggernaut suit
Call of Duty League:
- When CDL Rules are enabled, the Restrictions warning icon will be displayed next to the buttons that contain CDL banned items, even if they are in sub menus. This should make it easier for players to know what parts of their loadouts need to be replaced in order to follow CDL Rules.
- Domination: Round timer set to 5 minutes (previously 6)
- Search and Destroy: Round timer set to 1 minute 30 seconds (from 2 minutes)
- Restricted Thermite, Throwing Knives, and Killstreaks to CDL playlist
CoD Caster: Reintroduced the Data View feature, allowing KBM Codcasters to view player information by pressing the keybind assigned in the Options menu.
PC: Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.