Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 5/7 Patch Notes: Update Nerfs Weapons And More
The latest Call of Duty update is out now and it patches in a fix to "help prevent vehicle exploits" and more.
Developer Infinity Ward has rolled out a new Call of Duty update for both Modern Warfare and Warzone on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. We've compiled the full May 7 patch notes below for what to expect next time you boot up the game. The update doesn't make a whole lot of changes, though some fixes still do come through. [Update: A new CoD update is out now for May 18. It adds new maps to Modern Warfare and makes other additions to Warzone.]
This includes adjustments to "all smoke challenges [in Warzone]" so that they are more forgiving, addressing Ground War Infected exploits, patching matchmaking issues, tweaking weapon damage, and more. There are also several changes to .357 caliber gunfire, as Snake Shot's damage has been rebalanced and the fire delay on Lightweight and Match Grade .357 triggers has been reduced. It should be more difficult for revolver-wielding players to clean up in free-for-all matches with the .357 changes, and people have been complaining that the weapon was overpowered since late 2019.
The headlining feature of the patch, though, is the adjustment to vehicle exploits. Infinity Ward recently revealed that this week's Call of Duty playlist update would remove helicopters from Warzone. Players were able to use the airborne vehicles to glitch under the map and earn free kills on both Verdansk and in The Gulag.
In other Call of Duty news, publisher Activision has revealed that over 60 million players have played Warzone since its March 10 launch. The company also confirmed that while the next Call of Duty game is still on track to release later this year, Warzone will continue to be supported for the foreseeable future.
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare And Warzone Patch Notes (May 7)
- Tuning all smoke challenges to be a bit more forgiving. This includes the challenge to unlock the Bruen MK9.
- Fix to help prevent vehicle exploits.
- Various exploit fixes, including Ground War Infected.
- Game Battles: Fix for a few issues where players might not be able to join a new match.
- Reduced fire delay on the Lightweight and Match Grade trigger attachments on all .357 calibers.
- .357 Snake Shot damage rebalance.
- Fixed a bug where the damage on the .357 Snake Shot was too high at longer distances.
Call of Duty News
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare/Warzone Season 5 Revealed: File Size, Battle Pass, New Maps, Modes
- CoD: Modern Warfare/Warzone Season 5 Update Is Big, But PS4 Pre-Loading Is Live
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone Season 5 Trailer Razes The Roof
- Controversial "Border War" Skin Renamed In Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare And Warzone
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org