Call Of Duty Mobile: How To Use The Gunsmith
Having the right weapons and attachments is important in Call of Duty Mobile, and here's how you can make the most of them with the Gunsmith feature.
Call of Duty Mobile is gearing up for Season 9, but if you're new to this mobile version of Call of Duty, you'll want to get familiar with the game's Gunsmith. The Gunsmith, a feature originally introduced in Modern Warfare 2019, provides a way to get deeper customization of your weapons. Here's everything you need to know about the Gunsmith in Call of Duty Mobile, including how to access it, how to unlock more loadout slots, and some general tips.
How To Access The Gunsmith
The Gunsmith option is found in Call of Duty Mobile's Loadout section, which is located on the bottom middle of your menu. Once you've clicked the Loadout tab, choose either the multiplayer or battle royale section.
Then tap on either the primary or secondary weapon slot in your loadout. This will give you all the weapons divided into categories: Assault, Sniper, LMG, SMG, Shotgun, and Marksman. Once you have a weapon selected, tap the Gunsmith button found under the weapon's stats on the right side of your screen. Now you're in the Gunsmith and can then fully customize your weapon of choice.
How To Get More Custom Loadouts
The game gives you 10 total slots for custom loadouts. You'll only get a few to start and need to play and level up to unlock all ten. For example, your ninth loadout is unlocked at level 46 and the tenth and final loadout is unlocked at level 70. Eventually, you'll have ten different loadouts you can customize and use in your matches.
How To Unlock More Gunsmith Options
Call of Duty Mobile is a grind to level up, and you won't have many Gunsmith options when you're just starting out. You'll need to level up your weapon before you can get full customization.
The top right corner on the Gunsmith menu will show the selected weapon's current level. Click on the "Upgrade" option to see the attachments you can unlock for each level. From here, you can also choose to upgrade the weapon with any Weapon XP cards you've earned.
Weapon XP cards are rewarded through things like battle pass progression, daily login bonuses, and event challenges. While these Weapon XP cards are definitely helpful to have, the fastest way to level up a weapon is to just use it in matches.
Gunsmith Customization And Tips
When you select a weapon in the Gunsmith, you'll get a stat box on the right side of the screen. This will show you the base stats of the weapon, and then you can see how each attachment increases or decreases the gun's stats.
This is also where you can choose to add or remove any attachments for the weapon. There are a maximum of nine attachment categories for any given weapon, but some guns may have fewer options. You can choose to equip up to five attachments from within the nine categories.
- Muzzle: Attachments to make your weapon silenced, help with accuracy, and more
- Barrel: Attachments to increase range and weapon control
- Optics: Various scopes and sights such as Red Dot and higher zoom options
- Stock: Attachments to increase mobility and weapon control
- Perk: Various bonuses such as bullet penetration and faster reload speed
- Laser: Attachments to increase movement and hip-fire accuracy
- Underbarrel: Attachments to increase weapon control and mobility
- Ammunition: Attachments to increase ammo and offer faster reload times
- Rear Grip: Attachments to increase mobility and weapon control
In addition to beefing up the stats of your weapon, the Gunsmith also lets you change the visual look of the weapon. If you click on the "Customize" button on the right side of the Gunsmith menu, you will see further customizations for: Camo, Reticle, Charm and Sticker. This lets you add a little color and style to your weapon with any cosmetics you unlocked through the battle pass or events.
Camo challenges for Call of Duty Mobile are a similar grind to other Call of Duty games. They require you to complete specific challenges with each weapon in order to unlock a series of camos in one of six different categories:
- Sand Camos: Kill enemies
- Dragon Camos: Kill enemies with hip fire
- Splinter Camos: Kill enemies at long distance
- Tiger Camos: Kill enemies with 5 attachments
- Jungle Camos: Kill enemies with headshots
- Reptile Camos: Kill enemies with no attachments
There are also special "Completionist" camos that can be unlocked:
- Gold: Unlock all previously mentioned camos
- Platinum: Unlock gold camos for every weapon of a specific weapon class
- Damascus: Unlock gold camos for every single weapon in the game
- Diamond: Get 10 kills in a completed match 150 times to unlock
- Aether Crystal: Coming soon. Challenge for this camo is not shown yet
Custom Weapon Blueprints
Once you have a gun build you like, you can save this as your own custom weapon blueprint. This is done by clicking the Save button in the bottom right corner of the Gunsmith menu. You can even give this custom weapon build a unique name. Your saved custom blueprints for each weapon can be seen under the Select Blueprints button at the very bottom of the menu.
Now that you know how to use the Gunsmith feature to customize your weapons, here is our recommended loadout guide to help you use the Gunsmith to build some of the best weapon loadouts in Call of Duty Mobile.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.