Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Patch Notes (April 8) Reveal New Playlists And Fixes
The latest patch for Black Ops Cold War--the second in as many days--has now arrived.
For the second time in as many days, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has gotten a new update. The April 8 update for the military shooter introduces a new modes in the form of Gunfight Tournaments and Gunfight Blueprints, while a new Throwback Moshpit playlist is also now in the game.
In Gunfight Tournaments, sixteen teams fight in 2v2 Gunfight matches in a single-elimination tournament that progress through four rounds. You can earn rewards for winning matches, including an emblem, calling card, charm, and a weapon blueprint. Competitors will also get XP bonuses for each match you win.
The Gunfight Tournaments are scheduled to run for a week, ending on April 15. New tournaments start every five minutes, so you shouldn't have to wait long to get involved.
Another new mode is Gunfight Blueprints, which is a 2v2 playlist that lets you try out some of the new weapon blueprints in Season 2. These matches play out on some of the smallest Black Ops Cold War maps, including the new Mansion map.
The Throwback Moshpit playlist, meanwhile, includes team deathmatch, domination, kill confirmed, and Hardpoint.
This Black Ops Cold War update also includes some fixes for the Zombies mode. In Dead Ops Arcade 3, the bug causing the Gladiator enemy to fail to spawn is now fixed. Additionally, this patch fixes an issue that could case the Gladiator's aces to stay on the screen for longer than they should.
Additionally, Treyarch reminded players that double XP is now available in Black Ops Cold War for a period of four days, wrapping up on April 12. You can see the complete patch notes below, as posted by Treyarch on its website.
It's not just Black Ops Cold War that's getting new playlists, as the battle royale game Warzone also recently welcomed three new playlists.
Black Ops Cold War April 8 Patch Notes
- Double XP Weekend
- Four days of Double XP now available in Multiplayer, Zombies, and League Play through 10AM PT Monday, April 12.
- Sixteen teams of two clash in a 2v2 single-elimination tournament for exclusive rewards. Win and move on to the next round. Lose, and you're out.
- Register for a Tournament and get matched up with 31 other players of similar skill.
- Each Tournament is broken up into 4 Rounds: Preliminaries, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and the Tournament Finals.
- Each Tournament introduces new exclusive rewards as you win your way through the bracket. Rewards for the first Tournament include a new Emblem, Calling Card, Charm, and Assault Rifle Weapon Blueprint.
- XP is also awarded as players win their way through each Tournament and can be earned repeatedly with each Tournament participation.
- Each segment captured by the Attackers will now add 20 seconds to the game clock. Time will no longer be added after capturing a single zone.
- Overtime Defense is now awarded to the team that captures the most zone segments in the previous rounds. In the event of a tiebreaker, the team with the most kills will be awarded Defense in Overtime.
- Also applies to CDL Control in League Play.
- Gunfight Tournament [NEW]
- Gunfight Blueprints [NEW]
- Throwback Moshpit (also available in Hardcore)
- Snipers Only Moshpit
- Nuketown 24/7 (also available in Hardcore)
- Prop Hunt
- Face Off (also available in Hardcore)
- Multi-Team Moshpit
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue where the Gladiator enemy was not spawning under certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue where the Gladiator enemy's axes remained on the screen longer than intended.
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Containment (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Nuketown (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Apocalypse (PS4/PS5)
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.