Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War April 27 Patch Notes Include Much-Needed Fixes For Multiplayer And Zombies
Black Ops Cold War got a new update, which includes stability improvements and fixes.
Following the release of Call of Duty's Season 3, Treyarch released a new update today April 27 in order to iron out some of the bugs and crashes that have popped up. There are also various "stability fixes" to improve the quality of life for Black Ops Cold War.
Cold War's new party game mode Sticks and Stones has received a fix for an issue that caused tomahawk kills to incorrectly award 100 points, which is way too many for one kill. Tomahawk kills should now be awarding the proper 50 points per kill. The update also addresses the issue with Finishing Moves not counting as melee kills.
A fix was also issued for Beck's Season 3 battle pass operator mission. Previously, it was not progressing correctly in the large-scale Fireteam modes. Players should be able to properly advance in his operator mission now.
For Zombies, the incoming fixes address issues with the mode's frustrating scoreboard bugs. This corrects issues with the scoreboard losing functionality or no displaying the proper information.
The patch notes confirm a fix for crashes that occurred in Zombies Outbreak mode, specifically a crash that occurred when migrating hosts during an objective.
And lastly, the Crossroads map has been removed from the PlayStation-exclusive Onslaught mode for maintenance.
You can see the full patch notes below, as listed by Treyarch.
- Added various stability fixes.
Sticks and Stones
- Addressed an issue where Tomahawk kills awarded 100 points instead of the 50 points shown on screen.
- Addressed an issue where Finishing Moves weren't being counted as a melee kill.
Snipers Only Moshpit
- Restricted Ballistic Knife from use in Snipers Only Moshpit. (April 26)
Addressed an issue with Beck's Season Three Battle Pass Operator Mission ("Block 1000 incoming damage with player-inserted Armor Plates") not progressing correctly in Multi-Team modes.
- Addressed an issue where the scoreboard could lose functionality.
- Addressed an issue where players were unable to inspect other players in the scoreboard.
- Addressed an issue where the column that would display the amount of "Downs" for players was not shown.
- Addressed a rare display issue that could cause Match Bonus XP to appear as a negative value.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when migrating hosts during an Objective.
- Removed Crossroads from Onslaught map rotation for maintenance.
The Call of Duty blog also detailed what player's can expect from Black Ops Cold War this week. This includes playlist updates and new cosmetic bundles coming to the shop.