Cadence Of Hyrule's Majora's Mask DLC Is Available Now
Symphony of the Mask, the third DLC pack for Switch's Zelda/Crypt of the NecroDancer mash-up, has arrived.
The third DLC pack for Cadence of Hyrule, Symphony of the Mask, is now live on the Nintendo Switch eShop. This DLC introduces new story content starring Skull Kid, the antagonist from the series' second N64 game, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
In Symphony of the Mask, players will need to guide Skull Kid through a brand-new map that features new songs, dungeons, and more. As in Majora's Mask, masks play an important role in the DLC as well; Skull Kid's abilities will change depending on what mask he wears.
Symphony of the Mask is available as part of Cadence of Hyrule's Season Pass, which costs $15 USD. It can also be purchased separately for $10 USD.
It's time for a new story to unfold. #CadenceofHyrule DLC 3, Symphony of the Mask is available now!— Crypt of the NecroDancer (@NecroDancerGame) September 24, 2020
🔷 New modes
🔷 New dungeons
🔷 New songs
🔷 New tilesets, enemies, items, traps, and more!
Skull Kid's adventure awaits!
Patch Notes: https://t.co/3krtpPVUem pic.twitter.com/0AfOiBrUvv
This marks the third and final announced DLC for Cadence of Hyrule. The first, the Character Pack, released back in July and added five new playable characters. It was followed by the Melody Pack in August. That DLC introduced 39 new and remixed songs to the game. A physical edition of Cadence of Hyrule that includes all three DLC packs is releasing October 23 for $40 USD.
Alongside the Symphony of the Mask Pack, a new update is available for Cadence of Hyrule. You can see the full patch notes below.
In other Zelda news, Nintendo shared a new trailer and details for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, a Dynasty Warriors-style prequel to Breath of the Wild coming this November. If you have Breath of the Wild save data on your Switch, you'll receive a free bonus in Age of Calamity: the Training Sword.
Cadence Of Hyrule Patch Notes 1.4.0
- New character: Skull Kid
- New game mode: Skull Kid story mode
- New game mode: Puzzle Mode
- New game mode: Arena Mode
- 5 new music tracks
- 2 new dungeons
- New towns and overworld areas
- New tilesets, enemies, items, traps, and more!
- Added a projectile effect to Link's Spin Attack when at full health
- Changed Zora enemies to breathe ice instead of fire
- Changed the Tingle Tuner to always play a sound regardless of the console's rumble settings
- Fixed an issue where helper characters could be stuck with no weapon in the fight against Ganon
- Fixed some cases where multi-tile enemy attacks could hit the player unfairly on stairs
- Fixed the timing of some multi-beat abilities (like the hookshot) in 2P fixed-beat mode
- Fixed some bugs related to having the shopkeeper re-appear in dungeon mode after having been defeated
- Fixed some exploits where Impa could escape the map using her vanish ability
- Fixed some localization issues
- Many other bug fixes and balance changes
Nintendo Switch News & Announcements
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org