Bungie Disables Destiny 2 Emote After An Exploit Totally Ruins PvE
A glitch with the Coin Flip emote made players completely invisible to enemies.
Destiny 2 is such a huge game that sometimes, elements of it will interact in strange and unexpected ways. Its latest update patched out problems with the Solstice of Heroes event, but a new issue has popped up since. The latest weird glitch to pop up in the game briefly allowed players to break PvE encounters with a strange method: the judicious use of specific emotes. But Bungie has already disabled one emote to combat it.
The emote in question is called Coin Flip, and players discovered that activating the emote along with any other that includes holograms--like chairs Guardians can sit on--messes up the ability of enemies to detect players. You needed to use the emotes in the loading areas ahead of the spots that enemies populate, and executed correctly, the exploit made it possible to kill everything in an area with enemies never reacting to your presence. The exploit also apparently worked just about anywhere in the game, breaking basically everything.
In response, Bungie has disabled the Coin Flip emote, which it tweeted about on Friday.
Due to an exploit, we have disabled the Coin Flip exotic emote until the issue can be resolved. Players will need to replace the emote if it is currently equipped in the emote wheel.— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) August 21, 2020
It's not clear yet when the Coin Flip emote might be fixed--so unfortunately, you can't taunt people liked the Drifter for the time being.
Destiny 2 News And Guides
- Where Is Xur Today? (Oct. 8-12) - Destiny 2 Xur Location And Exotics Guide
- Trials Of Osiris Rewards This Week In Destiny 2 (Oct. 8-12)
- Destiny 2's Void Subclass Changes Will Be "Pretty Spicy," Dev Says
- Destiny 2 Shattered Realm - Ruins Of Wrath Ascendant Mysteries Guide
- Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Dev Shares How It's Thinking About New Player Onboarding
- Destiny 2's Witch Queen Expansion Will Have "The Definitive Destiny Campaign"
- Destiny 2 Shattered Realm Ruins of Wrath - All Trivial Mysteries And Enigmatic Mysteries In Week 3
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.