Bridgerton Season 2 Loses Rege-Jean Page
The Netflix series is expected to begin production sometime this spring.
Actor Regé-Jean Page has announced he will not be returning for Season 2 of Bridgerton, Netflix's hit TV show from Shonda Rhimes. Earlier this year, the streaming service had confirmed the show had been renewed for another season, and Page, one of the show's breakout stars, has confirmed via Twitter he will not be a part of those episodes.
Pleasure and a privilege! An honour to be a member of the family - on and off screen, cast, crew and incredible fans - the love is real and will just keep growing ❤️💫 https://t.co/YBk4RvKNpx— Regé-Jean Page (@regejean) April 2, 2021
News first came from the official Bridgerton Twitter account, which in part said, "Dear Readers, while all eyes turn to Lord Anthony Bridgerton's quest to find a Viscountess, we bid adieu to Regé-Jean Page, who so triumphantly played the Duke of Hastings." The announcement, stylized as a printed note on Lady Whistledown's stationary (Bridgerton's scandalous newsletter columnist), promised that "the upcoming social season" will have "more intrigue and romance than my readers may be able to bear."
A previous, similar announcement indicated that the next season will focus on the character Anthony Bridgerton, who is played by Jonathan Bailey. Netflix said Anthony will "dominate" the season, but no further specifics or elaborations were divulged. Production on Season 2 is expected to begin sometime in the spring.
Bridgerton is a period piece based on the Julia Quinn Bridgerton novel series, and is the first project from Grey's Anatomy veteran Shonda Rhimes after she signed a nine-figure deal with Netflix.
It was recently announced that Page will be starring in the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons movie.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.