Borderlands 3 Update Gave Moze Another Big Buff; Full Patch Notes Released
BL3's Moze got a round of buffs just a week ago, but Gearbox said it wasn't finished with her yet.
Following the release of a problematic Lovecraft-themed DLC, Gearbox issued an early April Borderlands 3 patch aimed at buffing Moze and announced that future tweaks for the character were in the works. As promised, the developer has issued another set of hotfix patch notes, which again primarily focuses on making Moze stronger.
The hotfix adjusts four of Moze's skills, all buffs to attributes like cooldown rate or damage output, and it also makes several adjustments to her Iron Bear ability. While Moze's adjustments are universally buffs, the tweaks to Iron Bear have a couple of nerfs as well. On the whole, though, the character is coming out much stronger.
The hotfix also introduced two limited-time events, which have since been replaced. The current events are Mr. Torgue's Slaughter Onslaught and Making It Rain. Those LTEs increase the drop rate for Slaughter bosses and increase cash drops, respectively.
Gearbox also recently launched Borderlands Science, a puzzle mini-game within Borderlands 3 that actually helps real-world scientists organize data and spot errors in their sequences. You can earn in-game currency by playing, while helping gather data that will help research diseases.
You can check out the new Moze hotfixes below.
Moze the Gunner Adjustments
- Explosive Punctuation: Increased the cooldown rate awarded to 8%
- Hammerdown Protocol: Increased the damage output to 600% and reduced the reload time
- Click, Click…: Increased damage bonus from 12/24/36% to 20/40/60%
- Specialist Bear: Increased the damage from +25% to +60%
Iron Bear Weapons Adjustments
- Increased the base damage of the Salamander Flame Thrower
- Increased Chemical Warfare's Melt Damage to 125%
- Increased the base damage of the Railgun
- Reduced Capacitive Armature's damage reduction from -75% to -30%
- Reduced Corrosive Sabot Round's damage reduction from -50% to -15%
- Increased Shockhammer's Shock Damage to 60% of damage dealt
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.