Borderlands 3 Patch Notes -- Loot Event Swaps Planets, Tweaks To Mayhem Mode
The latest patch for Borderlands 3 makes adjustments to Mayhem Mode to improve performance, and gives you a reason to visit Promethea.
Borderlands 3 is getting a new hotfix today, which as always means changing up some limited-time mode offerings. Besides that, Gearbox will be making some adjustments to the newly revised Mayhem 2.0 mode along with various other fixes.
According to the patch notes, the hotfix will be live on all platforms by 12 PM PT / 3 PM ET on April 30. It will move the Loot the Universe event to Promethea, so you'll need to visit that planet to get your increased loot drops for the week. However, the much bigger changes are to the Mayhem Mode. It disables two Mayhem Modifiers: Boundary Issues and Drone Ranger. Those were apparently too resource-intensive and disabling them has helped improve performance. It also adjusts drop rates and Anointment rates.
The Co-Op Loot Drop limited-time event will end when the new hotfix goes live. You'll have one week to grab loot from Promethea before the Loot the Universe event moves to Eden-6.
Recent patches for Borderlands 3 have continued to make balance adjustments to Moze, and introduced the Revenge of the Cartels event with new enemy variants and loot to collect. Check below for the most recent patch notes.
Borderlands 3 April 30 Hotfix Patch Notes
- Adjusted the drop rate for Legendary items in Mayhem Mode
- Adjusted the drop rates for Anointed gear in Mayhem Mode
- Activated the Loot the Universe event on Promethea
- Lowered the O.P.Q System’s secondary rate of fire to prevent stability concerns due to the Gunner’s ability to spawn an excessive number of drones
- Addressed a reported concern that Badass Enemies in the Guns, Love, and Tentacles DLC were sometimes only dropping common and rare items
- Addressed a reported progression blocker that could sometimes occur when enemies would fail to spawn during “Protect the Nibblenomicon”
- Addressed a reported concern that The Amourettes would stand up and float when being defeated with the “Dominate” status effect during “The Horror in the Woods”
- Addressed a reported stuck spot behind the wooden wall during the “The Shadow of Cursehaven”
- Addressed a reported stuck spot on the pipes during “The Nibblenomicon”
- Addressed a reported stuck spot on the right of the Amourette camp wall during “The Horror in the Woods”
- Reduced the time between Moxxtails donations on the ECHOcast from 60 seconds to 30 seconds
Borderlands 3 News
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org