Borderlands 3 Patch Hits Alongside Moxxi Heist Holiday DLC
Patch notes come alongside Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot.
Borderlands 3 has launched its new holiday DLC and is rolling out a hotfix patch to go alongside it. As usual the patch will populate automatically if you're in the main menu, though you may need to quit out and wait until the sign appears to make it happen if you're in-game at the time. You can check the full patch notes below.
The hotfix addresses several concerns and bug reports, and decreases the shields and armor on Maliwan Deathspheres in the Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite event. Gearbox says that the most recent patch improved the navigation of the Deathspheres, but that made them harder to hit, so the lowered shields and armor compensate for the change. The studio has also made some back-end changes to improve matchmaking in Takedown.
"The Takedown matchmaking service now won’t transition players into the Takedown until a full party of four players have been found," it said. "We believe players would prefer matchmaking take a little longer in order to enter the Takedown with a full party. We'll be monitoring this change and will adjust as necessary."
Many of these changes are to the Takedown, and soon you'll be able to jump in regardless of party size. From December 31 through January 16, you can play with any number of players, and matchmaking will be updated to get into parties quickly instead of necessaaraily waiting for a full party. The game is also on sale on most platforms.
Borderlands 3 December 19 Hotfix
- Addressed a reported concern that Terror was sometimes not dropping his loot when re-running Agonizer 9000
- Addressed a reported concern where loot could sometimes fall through the floor surrounding the Agonizer 9000
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker where enemies would sometimes not spawn immediately for the objective “Kill Traitors” in the mission “Porta Prison”
- Addressed a reported concern that Zane’s “Trick of the Light” skill was sometimes reporting lower bonus damage values in its description than what it was awarding
- Addressed a reported concern that Moze’s “Desperate Measures” skill sometimes wasn’t awarding the damage bonus to Iron Bear’s Right Gun
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.