Borderlands 3 Hotfix Update Out Now; Full Patch Notes Released
Game progression, stuck enemies, and more should no longer be an issue.
Developer Gearbox Software has released a brand-new Borderlands 3 hotfix update on PC, PlayStation 4, Google's Stadia cloud gaming service, and Xbox One. The patch addresses a number of community concerns, including progression issues, stuck enemies, weapon adjustments, and more, all of which is detailed in the full patch notes.
A number of fixes go toward a lot of gameplay problems, namely those relating to progression and enemies. After the hotfix is applied--which is done through the main menu--game progression during missions like All Bets Off should be resolved, allowing you to finally kill that last enemy so that you can move on. Further, enemies should no longer get stuck in locations such as Cistern of Slaughter and Billy the Anointed should not teleport as often during a fight. Finally, the hotfix will prevent you from getting stuck in the second VIP room at Beggar's Berth.
Elsewhere in the hotfix, Borderlands 3 will see a variety of its weapons adjusted. All Dahl assault rifles have had their damage increased by 35%, the legendary shotgun Lob had its magazine increased from four to 12, the legendary sniper Woodblock had its vertical recoil slightly reduced, and more. Check below for a full list of tweaks made in Borderlands 3's upcoming hotfix.
PAX East is officially underway, and Gearbox has shared a few details about what's coming to Borderlands 3 soon. The looter-shooter's second campaign-focused DLC--Guns, Love and Tentacles--kicks off on March 26 with a wedding between Sir Hammerlock and Wainwright Jakobs. The studio also teased Borderlands 3's third expansion, which brings outlaws and dinosaurs together sometime this summer. Both are part of the game's Season Pass.
Full Borderland 3 Hotfix Patch Notes (February 27)
- Addressed a reported concern that players were sometimes able to bypass Trudy's spawn trigger during "Kill KillaVolt"
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker during "All Bets Off" where enemies that were dropped in from a drop pod would sometimes not appear when the player left and returned to the area
- Included a stopgap fix to prevent a reported blocker due to enemies sometimes becoming stuck in unreachable locations in Cistern of Slaughter
- Addressed a reported concern that the "Should've Cashed Out" challenge was sometimes not progressing when killing Looters in the DLC area
- Adjusted Billy the Anointed's behaviors so that they would not teleport as often during a fight, and increased the chance for them to drop Lead Sprinkler
- Addressed a reported concern that players could sometimes get stuck on top of a row of slot machines inside the second VIP room at Beggar's Berth
- Increased damage of all DAHL Assault Rifles by 35%
- Increased Magazine Size from 4 to 12
- Greatly increased damage per tick
- Now fires a burst shot of 3 magical orbs instead of 1
- Increased Critical Hit Damage by 100%
- Slightly reduced Vertical Recoil
- Greatly increased damage
- Reduced shotgun ammo cost from 4 to 2
- Greatly increased damage
- Greatly reduced the Cooldown of Singularity Grenade
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org