Borderlands 3 Hotfix: Legendary Weapons Nerfed, Full Patch Notes Released
Also, the patch notes reveal a fix for the shield booster problem.
Gearbox has released the latest hotfix update for Borderlands 3, and the patch is out now on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The hotfix is primarily aimed at balancing certain legendary weapons--effectively nerfing some of the best weapons, but it also implements a few bug fixes as well. Here's what's new and different.
"After looking through the data, we found that some pieces of Legendary gear were greatly outperforming others and felt they were limiting builds instead of increasing them," Gearbox writes in the full patch notes. "In addition, some of the damage output of Legendary gear limited the growth in combat engagements for the future so we tuned everything to an acceptable median."
Top New Games Releasing On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- November 10-16, 2019 Biggest Celebrity Cameos We Found In Death Stranding Death Stranding - Here's When You Get Your Assault Rifle Need For Speed Heat: Winning A Street Race Gameplay What Red Dead Redemption 2 On PC Is Like To Play Pokemon Sword & Shield Reveal 2 New Pokemon Before Launch - GS News Update Battle for the Grid - Eric Myers DLC | GameSpot Live GameSpot’s 2019 PS4 Holiday Gift Guide Pokemon Sword And Shield - Galar Research Recap Trailer Hearthstone: Descent of Dragons Expansion Trailer Red Dead Redemption 2 Publisher Files New Trademark - GS News Update Death Stranding - Combat Veteran on Hard Mode S-Rank
The patch notes list massive buffs and nerfs for several legendary weapons across all gun manufacturers and several grenades. The most notable changes are to Flakker and Butcher--both shotguns are currently some of the best guns you can find in the game, dealing out tremendous amounts of damage with very few penalties.
Hidden among the many bug fixes implemented in this latest patch is a change that many Borderlands 3 players are likely going to enjoy seeing: a modification to shield boosters so that they now auto-pickup. Some shields, when damaged, cause boosters to drop that either buff or debuff your shield in unique ways. Since launch, you've had to individually loot these boosters off the ground--which is incredibly difficult to do in the midst of a hectic firefight. And once the fight is done, you have little need for the boosters. So automatically picking up the boosters is a very welcome change.
We've listed the remaining weapon changes and bug fixes below.
Borderlands 3 October 17 Hotfix Patch Notes
- Westergun damage increased by 25%
- ASMD damage increased by 28%
- Cutsman damage reduced by 25%
- Ten Gallon damage increased by 8%
- Sickle reload speed increased by 25%
- Faisor damage increased by 15%
- Infiniti damage increased by 40%
- Magnificent damage increased by 25%
- Jericho damage increased by 40%
- Lucian's Call accuracy and handling reduced
- Lyuda Critical Damage Bonus decreased by 30% and made a modification to address a reported bug that an extra bullet was spawned in the center
- Try-Bolt damage increased by 25%
- Alchemist damage increased by 25%
- Devils Foursum damage increased by 13%
- Flakker now consumes the full magazine when fired and damage is reduced by 33%
- Laser-Sploder rocket projectiles spawn interval increased by 0.4 seconds
- Maggie damage increased by 35%
- Hellwalker damage reduced by 8%
- Conference Call damage increased by 15%
- Crossroad accuracy reduced and it now fires 3 projectiles instead of 4
- Butcher accuracy reduced and damage reduced by 25%
- Vanquisher damage increased by 20%
- Children of the Vault
- Skeksis damage increased by 15%
- Linoge damage increased by 20%
- Pain is Power damage increased by 25%
- Ruby's Wrath damage increased by 10%
- Hunter-Seeker damage increased by 25%
- Hex grenade damage reduced by 70% and duration reduced to 3 seconds
- Firestorm damage reduced by 70%
- Elemental Projector damage max roll reduced to 90%
Vault Hunter Adjustments
- Iron Bear: health increased by 50%
- All pets' health increased by 50%
- Digi-Clone: health increased by 100%
- Addressed a bug with Salvation where grenades were giving life-steal
- Psychos will now use their True Vault Hunter Mode name in True Vault Hunter Mode
- Removed the optional Rare Spawn missions from Galaxy Progress
- Addressed a reported bug where Completely Sane Sid didn’t always become hostile when using FL4K
- Addressed a reported bug where Ratch would not properly spawn during “Ratch’d Up”, which potentially blocked completion of that side mission
- Included a modification so Lilith would continue to move toward the door in Shiv’s confession chamber during “From the Ground Up”
- Lowered the chance for a weapon to drop from the Pachinko machine
- Included a modification so that Zane’s Digi-Clone will no longer spawn into the cage in Cistern of Slaughter
- Shield Boosters were modified and are now set for autopickup
- An addition was introduced so Eridium chests are no longer listed as Red Chests in the ECHOcast extension on Sanctuary III
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org