Borderlands 3: All The Fixes And Changes Introduced In Late October Patch
The Halloween-themed Bloody Harvest event launches alongside some changes.
A new update for Gearbox's Borderlands 3 has been released for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, alongside the Halloween-themed Bloody Harvest event. The patch makes over a dozen much-appreciated adjustments to the popular loot shooter, addressing general issues across the entirety of the game. The most recent patch before this, October 17 legendary weapons-focused hotfix, focused on just one aspect of the game; this one is across the whole thing. Below we've got a full look at what's changed and the full patch notes.
As a result, there's nothing Earth-shattering in the patch notes for this hotfix. Most of the update addresses minor bugs--some are definitely annoying, but none seem game-breaking. Perhaps the most significant change is the added option of adjusting the volume of the 2K and Gearbox logo intro movies that play when you first boot up the game. So you no longer need to worry about accidentally blowing out your ears while playing Borderlands 3 with headphones. The full patch notes are listed below.
Alongside a rundown on these changes that are now live, Gearbox also previewed some future changes coming to the game. These include more substantial and notable changes to Borderlands 3, such as character balance changes, a bank expansion, and the addition of more vending machines.
Borderlands 3 News
Bloody Harvest, the first of Borderlands 3's post-launch content drops, begins alongside the release of this latest patch. To participate in the event, you must have progressed far enough in Borderlands 3's campaign to unlock the area Sanctuary III. While in Sanctuary III, look for newcomer Maurice--you literally can't miss him, as he's one of those fire-breathing dinosaur Saurians.
Speak to him and he'll give you a quest to collect Hecktoplasm, which drops from haunted enemies. You can find haunted enemies on any planet, they're marked by their ghostly green glow. If you haven't finished the campaign, you'll likely run into enough finishing off the story. If you have completed Borderlands 3's story, however, then you have a bit of a grind ahead of you. Thankfully, Borderlands 3 has a decent endgame.
After you've collected enough Hecktoplasm, return to Maurice and he'll send you to Heck--the underworld of the Borderlands universe. Here, you'll face the deceased spirits of the enemies you killed throughout Borderlands 3's campaign, as well as a new boss called Captain Haunt. It's here that you can more easily find weapons that play off the brand-new Terror debuff, and you'll also have a chance to get Fearmonger, a new legendary shotgun, from random drops. Bloody Harvest continues until December 5.
Borderlands 3 October 24 Hotfix Patch Notes
- During the event, the Main Menu will now become spooky when the micropatch has loaded and the event content is available
- Fixed a report bug resulting in a crash while loading into maps
- Fixed a reported audio crash bug
- Fixed a reported crash that occurred for certain users when level transitioning immediately after throwing a longbow grenade
- Fixed a reported rare crash that occurred for certain users after completing missions
- Fixed a reported crash that occurred for certain users when swapping an equipped weapon
- Fixed a reported crash that occurred for certain users when sorting the Mission Log by region
- [Consoles Only] Mayhem mode is now available in True Vault Hunter Mode on Consoles
- [Consoles Only] Added Photo Mode support for Consoles
- [Consoles Only] Added ECHOcast Twitch Extension support for Consoles
- Added new Vault Hunter customizations and trinkets
- Added ability to specify Mayhem Mode while matchmaking
- Adjusted the volume of the 2K and Gearbox logo intro movies
- Addressed reported concern where some players were missing skill points
- Updated gore stump textures for consistency
- [PC Only] Improved reliability of the voice chat system when open and closing the ECHO menu on PC
- [PC Only] Added a modification so typing in text chat no longer prevents players from fast traveling
- Singularity grenades will no longer cause Saurian corpses to float in the air after dying
- Addressed a reported concern that certain players experienced some Visual FX for the side mission "Transaction Packed" before accepting the mission
- Addressed a reported concern that some players experienced Brick getting stuck after chasing enemies off the cliff near Hector's Lament in The Anvil
- Made a modification where Amber Lamps no longer has a chance to spawn during the "Defend BALEX" objective of "The Family Jewel" mission
- Addressed a reported concern with the Legendary grenade mod Quasar, where it was not counting towards the optional grenade kills objective in Slaughter maps
- [PS4 Only] Addressed a language code issue present in PS4 activity feeds for English
- Addressed a reported concern where users with their region set to Japan were unable to complete the Fast Travel tutorial
- Made a modification so Safe Area Calibration is now saved when relaunching the game
- Camera no longer resets to a random location when using the Reset Camera function in Photo mode
- Photo mode will now force exit when the player is teleported
- Subtitles are now present when joining another player's game while a cinematic is playing
- Addressed a reported concern where some sounds were quiet or missing for the second player in split-screen
- Made various split-screen UI fixes
- Fixed a reported UI issue where the Mayhem Modifier menu would sometimes not appear for certain players
- Now consumes 1 ammo instead of 5.
- Addressed a reported bug with "Space-Laser Tag" which prevented some players from progressing to the next objective
- Atomic has been modified to no longer become invincible, as has been reported under certain conditions
- Modified Powerhouse Heavy's attacks to no longer damage players outside of the intended range
- Addressed a concern that Projected shields were taking too much damage from General Traunt's attacks
- Fixed the reported floating door frame in the Jakobs Theatre
- Addressed a reported potential progression blocker when Rhy's talks during "Hostile Takeover"
- Increased checkpoint sizes of New-U stations in multiple locations
- Included a modification so that Zane's Digi-Clone will no longer spawn into the cage in Slaughterstar 3000
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com