BlizzCon 2019 Schedule: Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, WoW Panels And More
Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 were announced at Blizzcon. Here's when to tune in for more details.
It's time to find out what's next for Warcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, Overwatch, and more. Blizzard has announced its schedule for BlizzCon 2019, which begins today, November 1, and runs through the weekend. Though the schedule doesn't give specific announcements, it does give insight as to when to tune in for the possibility of news and announcements--which include Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2, freshly revealed during its opening keynote, which you can rewatch on Blizzard's YouTube channel. You can also check out our BlizzCon announcements recap for all the big news.
The festivities kicked off as usual with that opening ceremony on November 1 at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET / 6 PM GMT (5 AM AET on November 2), simulcast across all of its stages. It started out with Blizzard addressing the Hong Kong ban situation. It followed that up with a big (if expected) announcement: Diablo 4 is real, and it's coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The first three classes confirmed all return from Diablo II, and they include Barbarian, Sorceress, and Druid. Overwatch 2 was also announced.
There are tons of game-centric panels happening throughout the conference, including a Heroes of the Storm update at 3:15 PM PT, a Hearthstone update at 5:15 PM PT. Over the weekend, on November 2, there's a World of Warcraft update at 11:15 AM PT and an Overwatch update at 1:15 PM PT. There is no Diablo update listed throughout the weekend, but there are two art panels scheduled for 10:30 AM and 4:15 PM, respectively, on November 2.
BlizzCon Highlights - November 1 (PT)
- Opening Ceremony - 11 AM
- Diablo IV: Unveiled - 12:30 PM
- Quarter Century of Warcraft Audio - 12:30 PM
- Overwatch: What's Next - 1:30 PM
- Life at Blizzard: Career & Culture Insights - 2 PM
- World of Warcraft: What's Next - 2:30 PM
- Heroes of the Storm: Deep Dive - 3:15 PM
- Hearthstone: What's Next - 3:30 PM
- Blizzard Animation: The Art of Setting the Scene - 4:15 PM
- Hearthstone: Telling a Year Long Narrative - 5:15 PM
BlizzCon Highlights - November 2 (PT)
- Artists at Work: Diablo - 10:30 AM
- World of Warcraft Update - 11:15 AM
- Artists at Work: Overwatch - 12:00 PM
- Overwatch Update - 1:15 PM
- Warcraft 3: Reforged Update - 3:15 PM
- Closing Entertainment - 7:30 PM
As noted above, the opening ceremony is usually streamed live for free to everyone, but most of the other events are locked behind the Virtual Ticket. This year the Virtual Ticket costs $50 and comes with bonus cosmetic items for each of Blizzard's big games. That includes special skins for WoW, a cardback for Hearthstone, and for the first time, skins that reference Warcraft in Overwatch.
The community is also watching especially closely this year as Blizzard may attempt to respond to recent controversial moves. After last year's event faced criticism after the announcement of Diablo Immortal, this year the company banned a player for expressing support for Hong Kong protesters. That has resulted in a renewed backlash against the company, with a protest planned for the event. It will remain to be seen if Blizzard officially addresses the controversy in its panels.
Also occurring during BlizzCon is a charity auction, which you don't need to attend the event to take part in. A variety of Blizzard memorabilia is up for sale to benefit CHOC Children's. The auction runs until November 5 and runs through Ebay.
- BlizzCon 2019 News: Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, And Everything Else Announced
- New Hero Confirmed For Overwatch 2: Sojourn
- BlizzCon Schedule: Overwatch 2, Diablo 4 Unveiling, And More
- Overwatch 2 Announced, Includes PvP And PvE
- What Overwatch 2 Means For Current Players
- Diablo 4 Announced At BlizzCon 2019
- Diablo 4 Gameplay Trailer Shows The New RPG In Action
- New WoW Shadowlands Expansion Trailer Released At BlizzCon 2019
- Hearthstone Expansion "Descent of Dragons" Announced, Coming In December
- Here's Every Hearthstone "Descent Of Dragons" Card (So Far)
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org