Blizzard WCS America Regional Finals Season 1
Find out who makes it through the North America Blizzard WCS Starcraft II Season 1 broadcasted by MLG.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Stay tuned this weekend as the regional finals take place live at the MLG Studio's in New York. Broadcast will start at 1 PM ET on Saturday and Sunday. The eight players that remain include: Snute, Alicia, CranK, mOOnGLaDe, HerO, Revival, Ryung, and aLive. Stay tuned for the live stream to find out who win's it all. See below for the schedule, live coverage, and more.
Top New Game Releases On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- September 8-14, 2019 Nintendo Switch Update 9.0.0 Out Now - GS News Update Borderlands 3 - Craziest Guns We've Seen So Far Borderlands 3 Opening Cinematic Apple Reveals iPhone 11, Apple Arcade Price & Release Date - GS News Update Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare - Multiplayer Beta Trailer Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- September 15-21, 2019 Introducing True Fiction - GameSpot Universe’s New Series! Return To Resident Evil 2 Remake Finale - Resident Kinevil Death Stranding Safe House Official Gameplay Demo - TGS 2019 (Japanese Commentary) Final Fantasy 7 Remake Gameplay: Ifrit Summon, Tifa And Aerith Combat Demo | TGS 2019 (Japanese Commentary) Borderlands 3 Moze Guide: Character Builds And Skills
WCS Regionals Finals
Regional Finals will be on June 1-2 (Broadcast starts at 1 PM ET)
- Day One
- 1:00 PM Quarterfinal A- Best of 5
- 2:00 PM Quarterfinal B - Best of 5
- 3:30 PM Quarterfinal C - Best of 5
- 5:00 PM Quarterfinal D - Best of 5
- 6:30 PM Consolation 1A - Best of 5
- 8:00 PM Consolation 1B - Best of 5
- Day Two
- 1:00 PM Consolation Final - Best of 5
- 2:00 PM Semifinal A - Best of 5
- 3:30 PM Semifinal B - Best of 5
- 5:00 PM Finals - Best of 7
Premier League and Challenger League Rules and Format
WCS America Premier League
- The format of the WCS America Premier League is very similar to the Code S format popularized by GSL, with two Group Stages followed by an Eight-Player, Single Elimination Bracket called the Regional Finals.
- The Premier league will include 32 players – 24 invited players and eight players advancing from the WCS America Qualifying Tournament. Players will be divided amongst eight groups with four players in each group.
- Group Stage 1: Players will compete online.
- Group Stage 2: Players will compete LIVE, in-person from the MLG Studio in New York City. See schedule below.
- WCS America Premier League Regional Finals: Players will compete LIVE, in-person the weekend of June 1. The top five finishers will advance to the WCS Season 1 Finals. Additional details will be provided soon.
WCS America Challenger League
- The format of the WCS America Challenger League is very similar to the Code A format popularized by GSL, with a Single Elimination Bracket followed by a Group Stage. The Challenger League provides Players with the opportunity to qualify for the WCS Season 2 Premier League.
- The Challenger League will include 40 players - 16 from the Qualifying Tournament and 24 Players who drop out of the Premier League. All Matches will take place online and be best of 3 games.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com